WSE, Kthomllc, Wallstreetsedge, youknowme

Discussion in 'Off topic - humor, oddities, videos, politics' started by aiki14, Jan 15, 2009.

1. aiki14

aiki14 Well-Known Member won april/06 simulator won weekly contest 13x won feb/07 simulator won jan/07 simulator won nov/06 simulator won mar/07 simulator

If you have been ripped off by this individual, Kenneth Thom, please PM me. I have been victimized by him as have at least 2 other forum members that I have had contact with. I have initiated a civil action against him and this morning am meeting with the Special Prosecutions Unit of the District Attorney of New York County to present evidence I believe will result in a criminal prosecution.
    If you have a potential case I would be happy to provide you with the details of mine. I had a private investigator do a full background check on him and can save you that expense, It includes his current and former addresses, employment history etc. Also I have archived copies of his Blogs, and the entire contents of his now deleted website.
    If you are planning on doing any business with this individual I urge you to do a FINRA Broker Check on him.
    http://brokercheck.finra.org/Support/TermsAndConditions.aspx

2. freakscene

freakscene Active Member won weekly contest 2x

really?

damn. it was obvious he was peddling for business, but i wouldnt have expected him to be a con.

i'm surprised you would have requested any service from him aiki, although he did have a streak about his predictions.......

i hope you get your justice. good luck.

3. XOM

XOM Member

Wow, I never cared for the individual but gave him the benefit of the doubt because you had seen him in person. Just goes to show how good some of the Wall Street con men really are. Sorry to hear you got taken for a ride Jim.

4. aiki14

aiki14 Well-Known Member won april/06 simulator won weekly contest 13x won feb/07 simulator won jan/07 simulator won nov/06 simulator won mar/07 simulator

Thanks for the support Freak, X.

Update on the situation:

I filed a complaint with the New York County DA, if anyone wishes to do the same you can reference the following:

Send any supporting documents to:
    New York County District Attorney's Office
    Special Prosecutions Bureau
    1 Hogan place
    NY, NY 10013

You can call and speak to them at
    (212) 335 8900
    or Fax the Documents to:
    (212) 335 8914

Please be sure to reference
    Complaint #23255

5. Riddicks

Riddicks Member won weekly contest 2x

Wow, thanks Aiki for bringing this to the front. I haven't been around in awhile, been busy with school and work and all but I can't believe it. I know what he did to Racingsk and that was not cool and I think Agent is in the same predicament. I think you def will have some support there. There are some others too I assume.

6. perfectagent008

perfectagent008 New Member

Aiki can you send me a PM for some reason I can't send you one

7. aiki14

8. freakscene

that is messed up. this guy is a serial cyber criminal. good detective work on your end though.

i wonder if thats the same 'avery' posting there from stock fetcher?

one heck of a trader if it is.

his filters are second to none

9. aiki14

Thanks, he is indeed a serial scammer here's another one. When he was at Baruch college he used the email Baruchpbclub and the below link is to the NYC Paintball forum, it's under the news and announcements header saying "FYI baruchpbclub Has ZERO Association with NYCPaintball.com". Read down and there is a letter from his dean that says his registration and records had a stop placed on them til he met with Mr. Thom:
    http://www.nycpaintball.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-3843.html

10. aiki14

11. Jelly

Jelly Member

I would break his knees for a few bucks.

Seriously............uh, well ...........sort of. U know! Kinda like how much would I take to let Robert Redford sleep with my wife.

I have a price. It's meager. Oh, but the satisfaction! We could be talkin' big discount here. Maybe free. Or just plane fare. Or a couple a wimmins.

Heh, call my people.

12. XOM

XOM Member

This guy is some piece of work, and he's still posting here recently as youknowme? WTF? It's not like he doesn't know that you know his game, some peoples kids...

Anyway, if he'e ever in the Central/West Florida area, I'd gladly have lunch with him and relay to him how dissatisfied some OTF members are with him...62 grains at a time...I keeed, I keeed...a little.:wink:

13. Riddicks

Riddicks Member won weekly contest 2x

And yet another SCAM, I am sure.

http://www.jobvertise.com/job/6932117

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=+1]Work From Home, No Selling, No Marketing, No Schemes 50/hr - (US-NY-new york - 10292)
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]
    Compensation:
    [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]$20.00 - $80.00 / Hour[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]
    Minimum Education:
    [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]None[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]
    Job Type:
    [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Part Time[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Email this job to yourself or to a friend[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]I'm sure many of you out there are looking for additional income or a main source of income, especially in this rough economy. I have unlimited positions open and your income in unlimited!

The average salary doing this work for me is about $50 per hour! No Salary Caps and unlimited potential. Best of all.. NO SELLING!!

The work is 100% Legal, No $ Required, No education requirements, No caps on your salary, and do it 24/7 if you'd like! You still get paid!

The work is very simple! If you choose to sign up, you'll be given all the details.

The only requirements you need is...
    -internet connection
    -decent speed computer
    -lot of free time

Some benefits are that you'll get tons of write offs on your taxes based on the work!

For more info, email me at: blog@wallstreetsedge.com
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Kenneth Thom
    [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Kenneth Thom LLC
    [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] 37 Wall Street
    [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] New York, NY 10005[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks to a friend for bringing this to my attention.

14. aiki14

Nothing like a job that's 100% legal, I am sure all those folks out there working 80% legal jobs for less money were jumping on that!!!

15. freakscene

he's beyond felony charges at this point, unless some of those theft crimes expired via statute of limitations.

its freaking strange he'e been able to get away with it for so long since his identity, phone number, and location have been well published; especially all of the credit card fraud

i hope you nail his punk ass

16. aiki14

Turns out one of the guys he scammed in England filed an FBI complaint against him for Internet Fraud, but he didn't represent a large enough amount for them to prosecute. I am contacting as many of the folks on those old websites as I can to let them know the complaint number and to let them know how to contact the authorities.
    Also now when you google any of his most recent aliases this thread comes up on page one. With all the victims I am contacting Thierry should see an increase in hits!!

17. freakscene

justice and profiteering all at the same time ! ;)

18. aiki14

I thought I would post the email that started this, Ken sent it to me on 20 dec. Here it is unedited:

hey jim,

i have a string of bad news.....

i lost 40-45% of my net worth to that stupid madoff scam, i had a ton of $ in there because they used a conservative strategy that was supposedly making me better returns than bonds... the past couple of weeks havent been helping, seems ive been on the wrong side of most trades, was bearish on the market and different earnings but for some reason bad news was causing gaps up and rallies while good news was causing gaps down and breakdowns - gs, ms, rimm, orcl, nke - just to name a few

also, i might have to go to arbitration with worldwide/joseph stevens, this month they're coming at me claiming i broke my contract with them. i left joseph stevens to go to worldwide (js was also eventually bought out by worldwide) and theyre claiming i signed a non-compete with js so i broke a contract with them. next worldwide is claiming i also signed a non-compete with them but im still in contact with my old clients. finally, im getting info from finra saying that some of my old small clients from 2 years ago are claiming unauthorized trades on merrill lynch structured products - basically an option bullish on the dow mixed with a merrill bond which was supposed to be principal protected but now with merrill's problems, they cant protect it. so because of this, js/ww are both trying to get me to cough up my earned commissions/bonuses i collected from them + their supposed 'damages'.. unfortunately, the rules of finra is im still involved for 2 years after i leave. so im not sure how its going to effect my license or the fund setup. i remember you said your bro in law is an attorney, can you find out if there are any repercussions if i choose to ignore the arbitration?

next, i found out when i left worldwide, they decided to not pay the irs professional privelage taxes even though they took the money out of my commission runs. the professional privelage tax was small, like $150 or so but i'm only finding out now... and the irs has been tacking on late fees/penalties which basically multiplied that to about $800 or so

now for some more bad news, i found out our attorneys are filing bankruptcy and the founder was arrested for embezzlement... do a google search for news on dreier llp

i still want to get the fund going, especially if i can get some up front cash from the management fee we can collect but let me know if you and your friends still have an interest in going forward on it. it seems like my previous clients, especially my international clients, are pulling money out of the markets now and attempting to go a safer route by paying off all debt with rates dropping and moving everything into treasuries which basically pay nothing now...

let me know what your thoughts are
    --
    -Ken

And My response also unedited:

Ken,
    I have been away and did not have internet for a couple of weeks.

My thoughts?
    I don't believe you.

I want the $8,000 back.
    My Brother is an attorney, and if I don't hear from you that you'll put a check in my hand tomorrow, you'll certainly hear from him. Additionally I will seek both SEC and FINRA actions, I will alert the IRS to the transaction, and I will contact the District Attorney to initiate criminal proceedings.

I urge you to seriously consider your actions in this matter, I am not some out of town paintball nerd you can swindle,

Jim

19. aiki14

Got a message from Ken, here it is, unedited:

"whats it going to take for you to stop harassing me?

fyi... all these bs posts you put up were already questioned... i also filed complaints against those people for false accusation - no one had tracking numbers to prove they sent anything or cancelled checks/money orders. the guy who started the post - i filed a complaint against him at the texas da's office and there wasn't even anyone listed at his address
    "

here's my response also unedited:

I am not even close to harassing you, you lying prick. I want the $8k back, period. And stop trying to BS me, you're better off just saying nothing, we both know you're lying and you're a scammer and a thief. You give me what's mine and I stop the suit and go back to posting about trading on the OTF, you don't and I continue to spread the truth anywhere and everywhere I can.

20. bounced

bounced Member

Ken, you should be ashamed of yourself. That is all I have to say.