Why Should I Post In This Forum?

Discussion in 'Forum information and help' started by netwrangler, Nov 27, 2007.

1. netwrangler

netwrangler Well-Known Member

I'm really not sure why I want to post in a forum where some idiot with the handle of Gzapper works hard to make a mess of the forum threads.

His posts make a mockery of this forum.

Thierry, are you totally out of touch with how these nonesense posts degrade your forum?

2. Gzapper

Gzapper Member

imo i say u should buy some PLKC and stop being jealous of breakfast!! :lol:

3. netwrangler

That is, at least, a sentient post.

Zap, if you posted like that all the time, I would have no problem with you.

But you don't, and I do.
    • You will make your decision.
    • Theirry will make his decision.
    • I will make my decision.
    Life is too short to put up with nonsense.

4. Gzapper

Gzapper Member

oh... last i checked this was the "offtopic" section of the forum ;) VIVA LA PLKC!!!!!!!

5. TonyM

TonyM Active Member weekly contest winner

Don't expect any assistance from Thierry, he has a history of doing absolutely nothing in these cases. I once got into a pissing contest with some idiot poster here and the guy took my listed e-mail address and entered it all over the net, spamming my inbox with hundreds of e-mails. I told Thierry about it and proved it was him by providing the ip number that signed up for those spams which happened to match the ip of that poster when posting here. Thierry didn't do a damn thing about it.

In my not so humble opinion, Thierry's objective is to make his sites as profitable as possible without regard to the posters or their whiny needs. Which is fine I suppose, he pays the light bill so he gets to call the shots. Although I do wonder how many people have not received their books from winning the weekly contest or how many have received the $100 prize from the monthly? This may have nothing to do with the subject at hand, but if I am to believe that this is strictly a business venture with no room or need for a relationship on a personal level between business owner and customer then I am merely asking questions of a business and they should not be inferred as a personal attack on Thierry, but instead a business question.

Netwrangler, the only relief you will probably get is to put him on ignore or the entire site, I hope you choose the former.

6. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

I have placed gzapper into the moderation cue so if his posts don't make any sense (some actually do) they will not appear.

(by the way, I already spend about a hour a day deleting spam before it appears on the forum.)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  7. netwrangler

Perfect solution by my lights.

I agree that some of his posts not only make sense, but are very insightful. At his best, he is a "colorful" addition to the forum.

Makes me want to reread James Joyce. :)

8. AJLightning

AJLightning Member

haven't received mine for 2nd place in the monthly!!

now I'm beginning to wonder if it was a good idea to give Thierry my address?

:|:|:|

9. freakscene

freakscene Active Member won weekly contest 2x

lol

i just posted in the weekly something on this. count me as another. :)

10. spanky

spanky Member won weekly contest 2x

Add me to the list of people who never received any books.

I won 2 contests nearly a year ago, and sent periodic messages directly to Thierry asking if it had slipped his mind to send me the books (I actually wanted to read them and learn more about TA). He always had a reason why he couldn't do it, and promised me to get them out "next week". I did notice that he has had time to experiment with a complete rehost of the site's hardware, the combination of two sites into one, the addition of live user chat and other features to make the sight more glitzy and attractive. I guess some business priorities (attract the customer, create cool tools, sell advertising) are more imporant than others (meet committments to the customers, i.e. sending prizes to contest winners). Like Tony says, it's his field, his ball -- if we don't like it, we can always go somewhere else.

After about 4-6 months I realized that he would likely never send any books.

I thought about never returning out of spite; but I don't return to this site because of the web host, I return for the good insights from a lot of the contributors (I still miss stockguru, a very talented stock picker who got sick of the trolls who attacked Tony and others and has rarely returned under that name). There are some folks who frequent this site right now who are very impressive, but I cannot keep up with them at day trading since I'm in the office all day, so I have resigned myself to reading and learning for the future.

That's why I cannot figure out Gzapper: nearly ever posting from him (her?) has been spam in my opinion, but then there are the posts on two sub-sub-penny stocks that seem to be doing ok. Is this pump/dump? Is this an actual educated selection? Is this just someone goofing with us? I don't know...

I have resigned myself to a few truisms: 1) Thierry will never send me the 2 books he committed to send me 2) Thierry will likely not get rid of Gzapper or others like him if they aren't drectly attacking other users 3) I will likely never understand Gzapper's posts unless I take drugs.

So I look at Gzappers notes, roll my eyes, assume he's on dope, and scroll past, looking for useful posts from the rest.

Thanks to those who post useful stuff... Thanks! keep it up

11. Luc1Grunt

Luc1Grunt forum leader

Ouch......silently getting amusement from this. Remember, "it's a good thing I am not a judge". Chuckle, chuckle.

12. Albert0373

Albert0373 forum leader won weekly contest 8x won sept/07 simulator won feb/09 simulator won july/08 simulator won oct/07 simulator won june/08 simulator

Hahaha, finally somebody has come out and said it. Took some balls I suppose, I fully agree with you sadly.

13. Patrick01

Patrick01 Member won sept/09 simulator won apr/09 simulator won dec/08 simulator won nov/07 simulator won june/07 simulator

This is artistic Genius. I see no reason to complain.

14. netwrangler

I agree with you.

If you read the thread, you will see I did not complain about that post.

15. freakscene

Perhaps we should petition Thierry to remove the lure of prizes from the contests, since it doesnt appear anyone actually gets the prizes.

Its more about the competition and the fun of it than trying to win a fraudulent prize for me anyway.

?

16. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

I beat you to it.

17. freakscene

Thanks.

The Weekly still suggests prizes awarded though:

Cheers !

18. Luc1Grunt

Luc1Grunt forum leader

I guess that clears things up!........?

19. TonyM

TonyM Active Member weekly contest winner

No attempt at an explanation, not even a hint of being apologetic; pure terse logic that would make Spock jealous.

I don't think the missing prizes would have bothered me so much had it not been for the fact that out of all of those monthly wins that Aiki scored, the winnings were to be donated to the northern breed rescue in his area. The member GDFLS apparently is a volunteer there.

Now I could be jumping the gun here and perhaps those multiple $100 winnings were indeed forwarded on to the rescue, but the lack of communication from onlinetradersforum.com leads to speculation. Sure, I could ask GDFLS directly but I chose this method instead and I am equally unapologetic.

20. freakscene

No kidding.