Why are you on the forum tonight?

Discussion in 'Forum information and help' started by Mad Girl Investor, Apr 15, 2006.

1. rski

rski Member

We are all a bunch of geeks!!!!! LOL, jk

2. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

Heck yeah! For many churches it is one big day to deceive da masses into digging deeply into their pockets! LOL Of course fo da fokes who are there because that kind of chit doan matter....I guess it really doan matter. :) I'm not saying it is da norm...but you can't tell me it doan happen neither. That said...Happy Easter to anyone who celebrates it for what it is....celebrate Easter every year by making it the one day a year you forgive sumbody! *-)

3. Mad Girl Investor

Mad Girl Investor Active Member

Amen...Darn, who knew you could be so *deep*, booyahooo?
    I think Im falling in love with ya :)

4. 19 hours, 51 minutes, 15 seconds...

5. Mad Girl Investor

Quick, george.....call 1- 800 -Stock Market Anonymous.
    You need help!

Wait...so do I.

6. The line is still busy.

7. mlegha1

mlegha1 Member won weekly contest 9x won feb/08 simulator won oct/08 simulator

You can try now I just got off the line.

8. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

Re: Why are you on the forum today?

I'm on the forum because I'm tweaking little things here and there - just changed the button for reply so that it is easier to find for newbies. (Only took me 3 hours.)

Does anybody have any suggestions for the forum's functionality? Complaints, ideas, comments? Does everyone know that you can change the way the forum looks by selecting a different template in the bottom left drop-down menu?

(if you are going to be hanging around, make yourself usefull!)

Or go visit the new stock-specific forum - it is so new, there isn't a logo yet! http://www.onlinetradersforum.com

I'm giving away 20 books to the first 20 posters with 20 posts (maximum 2 posts a day count toward total.)

9. I got through...
    They said a lot about this, and a lot about that. In summary, I think their opinion is that I don't spend enough time trading and I should increase my focus on it. At least that is what I heard.
    18 hours, 28 minutes, 50 seconds.

10. Gonz

Gonz Member

Re: Why are you on the forum today?

Two suggestions: 1) How about a fourth forum, dedicated to more social/miscellaneous topics? This particular forum has become something of a catch-all for anything that isn't Cramer-related, rather than a "other stocks" venue. It might seem like a bit more of a community if there were somewhere we could exchange random banter. And, 2) a links page...to your other forum, the three links in your sig, etc.

Hey, you asked.

11. Mad Girl Investor

George,

Denial aint just a river in Egypt, hun. You know they didnt tell you that.

First step: We admitted we were powerless over the market, and that we are obsessed with making money.

12. Mad Girl Investor

Thierry,

Suggestion:

Add some emoticons to access more easily, I never know how to put them smilies in...and a bigger selection would be nice.

Also, some bold, color, size functions too.

I like a forum with pizzazzzzzz. Or I like pizza, cant spell pi-zaz.

13. Something odd just happened. I called 1-GAM-BLE-RSAA in regard to my upcoming Vegas trip. The same person answered on this help line and they gave me the same advice as before. I think that’s a good sign!

14. Mad Girl Investor

I think its time for an intervention, gang. George needs help!

15. By help, do you mean money for video poker?

16. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

:confused:
    When you reply, choose the "go advanced" button and you will have a full range of smilies / emoticons to choose from. You just have to click on them.

17. NATHAN LLOYD

NATHAN LLOYD Active Member

I don't see the go advanced button. I see Submit Reply, Preview Post, and Manage Attachment buttons. Someone else told me about the advanced reply but I have never seen it. If I edit, there is an option to go advanced. When I do this I still don't see any additional options except it asks Reason for Editing:

18. aiki14

aiki14 Well-Known Member won april/06 simulator won weekly contest 13x won feb/07 simulator won jan/07 simulator won nov/06 simulator won mar/07 simulator

I don't see an advanced button either, but I have a toolbar for all the stuff:evil: :twisted: :roll: MGI :!: talked about.

19. Mad Girl Investor

Too funny, Zappa man....

Like the avatar.

George...... stop the madness, get help! Do it for Jerry.

20. Katibel

Katibel Member

I like to come here and learn from people who are already playing a game that I want to play well one day myself....and so far you all have been very kind to me. People usually return to a place where they have been treated well.:mrgreen: