Why are you on the forum tonight?

Discussion in 'Forum information and help' started by Mad Girl Investor, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Mad Girl Investor

Mad Girl Investor Active Member

Its Saturday night........

I have no life.. :( sigh

Ok, that 'splains me...now why are YOU all on tonight and not out living it up?

2. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

3. aiki14

aiki14 Well-Known Member won april/06 simulator won weekly contest 13x won feb/07 simulator won jan/07 simulator won nov/06 simulator won mar/07 simulator

I volunteered to work tomorrow to cover for the folks who do the easter thing (the toughest thing about being an athiest is the lack of holidays). I trade off for the days I care about, Frank Zappa's birthday, Darwins birthday, that sort of thing.

4. Mad Girl Investor

Easter is as popular with the youth as Mardi Gras.

Isnt it?

5. Mad Girl Investor

Zappa's b day?

Cool.

6. aiki14

aiki14 Well-Known Member won april/06 simulator won weekly contest 13x won feb/07 simulator won jan/07 simulator won nov/06 simulator won mar/07 simulator

Aiki's holiday birthdays
    21 dec - Frank Zappa
    12 feb - Charles Darwin
    11 may- Richard Feynman ( only a few more shopping days left)
    14 dec- Morihei Ueshiba

7. Mad Girl Investor

LoL, few shopping days left. THanks for the laugh.

Who, btw, is Richard Feynman?....

8. aiki14

Surely you're joking, Ms Mad Girl
    Nobel prize for physics 1965 (shared with Tomonaga and Schwinger), Solved the Challenger crash.
    Google him, you wont be disappointed.

9. Mad Girl Investor

No sh!t? Solved the challenger crash...man, o man. My brother is a news photo journalist, and he was covering the shuttle that day in Cape Canaveral, FL (I live in MIami, 3 hrs away).

I had to drive him up a special lens that day after the crash, the media was all over that city. It was a somber, sad day to say the least.

Wow,,I am going to google the guy.

You seem to have a vast array of interests....and an atheist too. Does that mean you have no belief in any higher power? If so, thats cool, just curious.

10. aiki14

"..and an atheist too. Does that mean you have no belief in any higher power? If so, thats cool, just curious."

Pretty much. I can't say I have faith of any kind, it never seemed necessary to me. I have a friend who's a catholic priest who says "He just knows", me I don't have the feeling.

11. mlegha1

mlegha1 Member won weekly contest 9x won feb/08 simulator won oct/08 simulator

I Am Missing The Market!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Mad Girl Investor

Another mate in withdrawl....me too!

13. Mad Girl Investor

I dont have a religion, just a belief in a power greater than myself. Got it from the 12 steps. Works for me.

14. I'm in total withdrawl.

15. Mad Girl Investor

we are all detoxing right now...pass the xanax.

16. Why is it that every weekend I think I have too many great stocks to choose from, and my only problem will be getting into the best one. Then, at weeks end, I have not made a cent? :lol:

17. Gonz

Gonz Member

18. jacobnbr1

jacobnbr1 Active Member won weekly contest 3x

ahhh! there. there george. this is just normal thoughts of a trader.
    we must strive for knowledge and thus knowledge is power to predict...

19. NATHAN LLOYD

NATHAN LLOYD Active Member

I'm on IB and I did too many day trades. I'm depressed because I get to watch the market move while I wait till Thursday to trade again. :( They put me in time out again those bastards. ||:<((

My detox is Miller Lite.

20. LOL!

I am with both Ameritrade and Scottrade.
    Ameritrade is constantly putting me on the 4-day "time out". :lol:
    Scottrade must spend a 1/4 of their correspondence budget sending me maintenance call letters.
    I feel like a financial juggler.