Weekly Stock Challenge 9/21/2007 - Win Free Trading Book

Discussion in 'Weekly stock picking challenge' started by Thierry Martin, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

Stock Picking Challenge

Pick the highest percentage mover and win a free hardcover copy of Conquer the Crash!

Pick any stock that trades in the US market that closed at $2.00 or over with at least 100,000 share volume as of the Friday close before the contest starts on Monday.

Your entry price will be the market open price on Monday.

A brief rationale for your pick makes the contest more fun.

2. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

Reef
    GM next week. I just started selling cars for them. I expect to see a change in their stock due to my large ego.
    Thierry, I would like to change my pick to IPSU, it's going to bounce up quicker than GM will next week.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  3. Jordan

Jordan Member won weekly contest 5x

4. aiki14

aiki14 Well-Known Member won april/06 simulator won weekly contest 13x won feb/07 simulator won jan/07 simulator won nov/06 simulator won mar/07 simulator

CFC short. Reasons are in the thread in the other section, and I think the CEO has flown to close to the sun and the stocks wings are gonna melt. Google Icarus for the reference.

5. 1960vw

1960vw Member won weekly contest 3x

FTEK long, thanks !

6. rkahn

rkahn Member weekly contest winner

SYNA long please

7. bigzip

bigzip Member won weekly contest 4x

F long again

8. Patrick01

Patrick01 Member won sept/09 simulator won apr/09 simulator won dec/08 simulator won nov/07 simulator won june/07 simulator

HOKU long.

9. englishman26

englishman26 Active Member won weekly contest 6x

Jordan beat me to BQI, so I'll go HOV(short).

10. krazykowboy

krazykowboy Member weekly contest winner

SDS
    News tuesday reads. "Bernake holds line, market tumbles"

edit that: volume doesn't qualify, so for same reason I'll take DXD

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  11. Albert0373

Albert0373 forum leader won weekly contest 8x won sept/07 simulator won feb/09 simulator won july/08 simulator won oct/07 simulator won june/08 simulator

Long time no see kowboy, although I don't know you quite well since you left before I joined but nice to see you back!

MWY long please, courtesy of svenwulf.

12. AJLightning

AJLightning Member

NKE long please sir

13. aiki14

aiki14 Well-Known Member won april/06 simulator won weekly contest 13x won feb/07 simulator won jan/07 simulator won nov/06 simulator won mar/07 simulator

I am so set up for that occurrence, I can't say I would mind.
    By the way, good to see you back, I think about you every time I see my Scene of the Crash wall clock. :wink:

bull3.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5IoQL8LNCM

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
  14. krazykowboy

krazykowboy Member weekly contest winner

Thank ya Albert, and here's to ya aiki, hope yall doin' well too !

That thar movie clip aiki is a good sign of things ta come near time i'm thinkin. Traders keep tryin ta ride the bull market gonna git a kick in da butt just likin that cowboy in the movie.
    For da long haul i think well come out of it lookin ok, but im buckled down for a willd wide jus now for a bit.

15. Svenwulf

Svenwulf Active Member won weekly contest 2x

first, good to see ya back kowboy. second, im pretty sure sds qualifies, i see about 12.5m shares traded friday. and its over 2, trades in the us....

16. Svenwulf

Svenwulf Active Member won weekly contest 2x

oh dont blame that on me.. half tempted to take the other side again here, but im holding at just over 5, so that would prolly be bad form.

how bout TD, long?

17. englishman26

englishman26 Active Member won weekly contest 6x

Welcome back booyahoooo!

18. mlegha1

mlegha1 Member won weekly contest 9x won feb/08 simulator won oct/08 simulator

KKD-- short again!
    I don't see any reason for this terrible company and broken stock to go up.

19. BentleyVTech

BentleyVTech Member

EMC long, thanks.

20. Thierry Martin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.