Weekly Stock Challenge 9/15/2006 - Win Free Trading Book

Discussion in 'Weekly stock picking challenge' started by Thierry Martin, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

Stock Picking Challenge

Pick the highest percentage mover and win a free hardcover copy of Conquer the Crash!

Pick any stock that trades in the US market that closed at $2.00 or over as of the Friday close before the contest.

Your entry price will be the market open price on Monday morning.

Entries for following week's challenge opens at Friday's market close - 4:00 pm EST - and closes at 9:00 am EST Monday.

2. John Smith

John Smith New Member

3. villacresta

villacresta New Member

FDG, may not win the contest but it is my gift to the readers of this thread as a 'newbie'. closed down over 4% friday, worth 30 for the dividends alone.

4. SmartMoney101

SmartMoney101 Member

taking JRCC, this one has been flatlined for a month now, just waiting for it to pop

5. Borden_john

Borden_john Member

soigf

6. MoMoney4Me

MoMoney4Me Member won weekly contest 7x

ENCORE WIRE CORP - WIRE

7. krazykowboy

krazykowboy Member weekly contest winner

8. TheChartGuru

TheChartGuru Active Member won weekly contest 7x won sept/08 simulator won feb/06 simulator won jan/08 simulator won may/06 simulator won mar/08 simulator

I'll take LNUX

9. aiki14

aiki14 Well-Known Member won april/06 simulator won weekly contest 13x won feb/07 simulator won jan/07 simulator won nov/06 simulator won mar/07 simulator

I'll take STTK short
    I can't get real enthusiastic about anything this week, although I did add to my positions in RMBS and CHDT, and picked up a little BBY going into tuesdays earnings. I think we'll see a fair pick up in general volume but no big movement in the indices.

10. aiki14

aiki14 Well-Known Member won april/06 simulator won weekly contest 13x won feb/07 simulator won jan/07 simulator won nov/06 simulator won mar/07 simulator

I forgot the rules there for a bit. I'll take AMCS

11. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

12. TonyM

TonyM Active Member weekly contest winner

MRO for a longshot, since I'm not losing any money if I'm wrong.

13. chinaman711

chinaman711 Well-Known Member won weekly contest 4x

I'll stick with XING sure hope they report this week.

14. metalheadrr3

metalheadrr3 Member weekly contest winner

I've been on this board a while and have never done this. Lets go to left field and pick LGTY - Logility Inc.

15. CHE

CHE New Member

I am going with SKS-

16. Svenwulf

Svenwulf Active Member won weekly contest 2x

out of spite this week: FUEL (long)

in another post, i recomend one of my actual holdings and, of course, it proceeds to dive. then someone even starts a thread, gets flamed by a TA genius, and fuel gets hammered friday. predictable. could be trouble with the earnings (late again)? could be lack of work with building slowdown/ no hurricanes? could be just some big money leaving this stock? or maybe folks think they are levered to crude/ gasoline? as i stated in the previous post, this should be considered for SPECULATION only and i would encourage you to find a different place to put money.

thats a lot of negativity for a long position. with all that baggage, why would i be interested? even if its play money, thats a big hill to climb.

so now i tell you why my newbie ass is looking here. firstly, as previously mentioned: spite. but there is more. second: warrants. for us newbs, these are basically insider call options the company started issuing 2 months ago. warrants can be tricky, but the net debt savings should be good biz here. also, i like the idea of big money thinking this stock goes higher, although that is totaly infered on my part (call option+ insider= good) and could take a much longer time frame than the week. so, again, why? well, i guess i think im an ametuer meteorologist-
    http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/eatl-ir4-loop.html
    this could also take longer than the week, but i am banking on the market pre-reaction.
    good luck all!

17. Jordan

Jordan Member won weekly contest 5x

18. Thierry Martin

Well one thing you can't do through Christ is enter this week's contest late.

19. Jordan

Jordan Member won weekly contest 5x

Ha sorry

20. MoMoney4Me

MoMoney4Me Member won weekly contest 7x

Svenwolf may be looking into his crystal ball and seeing something here. If the upper level wind sheer doesn't dominate, we may have trouble brewing.
    Now I know where Jim Cantore gets his info :D

TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
    NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
    1130 AM EDT MON SEP 11 2006

THE NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER IS ISSUING ADVISORIES ON TROPICAL DEPRESSION SEVEN...LOCATED ABOUT 435 MILES
    NORTHEAST OF THE LEEWARD ISLANDS.

A STRONG TROPICAL WAVE IS EMERGING FROM THE COAST OF AFRICA.
    DEVELOPMENT OF THIS SYSTEM IS POSSIBLE DURING THE NEXT DAY OR TWO
    AS IT MOVES WESTWARD OVER THE FAR EASTERN TROPICAL ATLANTIC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.