Weekly stock challenge 4/25/08

Discussion in 'Weekly stock picking challenge' started by Thierry Martin, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

OnlineTradersForum.com Stock Picking Challenge

Pick the highest percentage mover and win your win will be recorded next to your name in the forum.

Choose any stock that trades in the US market that closed at $2.00 or over with at least 100,000 share volume as of the Friday close before the contest starts on Monday.

Your entry price will be the market open price on Monday.

A brief rationale for your pick makes the contest more fun.

2. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

Re: Weekly stock challenge 4/24/08

HOTROCK

PDS longgggggggggg
    tight lines jb

MrSer

sdth long for next week. I will be in Aruba good luck guys.

3. rkahn

rkahn Member weekly contest winner

SYNA long

4. 1960vw

1960vw Member won weekly contest 3x

WM long. I think Wamu is going to trickle back up to respectable levels due to cash input.

5. Pinguin

Pinguin Member won weekly contest 5x

I'll take Q long

6. englishman26

englishman26 Active Member won weekly contest 6x

EMC long please sir.

7. flybynight

flybynight Member weekly contest winner

8. Hondaboy

Hondaboy Member weekly contest winner

PAL

9. TheChartGuru

TheChartGuru Active Member won weekly contest 7x won sept/08 simulator won feb/06 simulator won jan/08 simulator won may/06 simulator won mar/08 simulator

RDTA short

With an RSI(15) of 89.37, I have no choice but go short.

Picture-1.gif

The Guru has spoken

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
  10. John Law

John Law Member weekly contest winner

LEH short.

11. primer

primer Member

IKN Long.

12. yupyup

yupyup Member won weekly contest 2x

AAPL Long

13. Wreck_IT

Wreck_IT New Member

DUG LONG for my first post haha

14. Hirsch

Hirsch Member

NTRI Long

After the big gap up two weeks back and last week's placid performance despite the positive rise in the market overall, I'm still thinking NTRI has more potential for upward movement. Something that resembles a Bull Flag can be seen in the charts for NTRI

[​IMG]

With the S&P 600 small cap move for NTRI and the number of companies releasing earnings this week, hopefully it'll be better than last week. RSI and Slow Stoch indicate NTRI getting near over-bought which makes the chart seem iffy (both are around 70), but it appears as though the stock hit bottom a while back and the last week could have been shaking weak hands out.

15. ChartShark

ChartShark Member

Since this isn't real money, who needs to wait for confirmation?

PAET long.

Explanation is in my thread.

16. bigzip

bigzip Member won weekly contest 4x

AXL long

17. Shhhhh

Shhhhh Member weekly contest winner

Long NCC. This guys had the crap beat out of it lately. hasn't really participated in the financials rally either. I believe unless they experience some sort of bear stearns sized catastrophe, i.e. and takeunder for $3-$4. They have cash, a sizable ($1B+) position in visa. and a strong presence in the midwest.

The market should respond nicely to their earns which come out tuesday. There is so much bad news caked into their current price, I think they could experience a relief rally. I believe this is going to be a good play for the week, and also long term.

Disclosure. I am a holder of NCC. So my money is where my hypothetical mouth is!!

best of luck to all.

18. Tonkatoy

Tonkatoy Member

PEIX long please. Small Ethanol play. Daily Charts show RSI is low. Stochastics show its oversold.

19. Supreona

Supreona Member weekly contest winner

UFPT Short

20. Keventerprises

Keventerprises Active Member weekly contest winner

If it hasn't been taken, I'm going to show faith and confidence in PAL Long.

If it doesn't go up, I'll kill it myself.

All the best!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.