Weekly Stock Challenge 3/24/2006

Discussion in 'Weekly stock picking challenge' started by englishman26, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigDawg291

BigDawg291 Member won weekly contest 2x won june/06 simulator

CWPC has been good for me and I hope it continues. I bought in at 4.09 then sold some at 4.54. Then I bought some more at 4.87 and hope it continues to rise.

2. englishman26

englishman26 Active Member won weekly contest 6x

Oh yeah. Weird single trade though. I couldn't really have bought at $5 today but then I don't normally check anyone elses entry in so much detail so I guess it counts!

3. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

I hope everybody listened to me when I told Da Foo King Chinaman to get off DWOG and on to CWPC when it was at 4.60 :) Sux that you didn't get $5.00 but doanchu worry....you'll be in bafo Fri on da way down *-) Right now I be bringin er down from 5.95....gonna "yo yo" da pig foist befo I give ya yer $5.00 entry tawget. And you won't be holding this for the long term either :)

4. englishman26

CWPC may well pullback but in the short term it will go to $7-8 once the news of any partneship comes out. I assume the rumors of this are pushing it up today and perhaps it will pullback. If oils go up tomorrow it may just keep going.

In the the not-so-distant future this is a $20-$30 oil stock. Cramer will pump it very soon too I bet!

Btw - congratulations on obtaining the power to move markets all by yourself.

5. Technical Alchemist

Technical Alchemist forum leader won penny contest 13x won weekly contest 12x

What's the reason for this? Do you know off hand? I didn't exhaust every source of info I have at my disposal but MSN nor Yahoo! aren't showing anything except an 8K last week. Did they hit pay dirt or something? Maybe an upgrade from some analyst or even admitted to the AMEX instead of Bulletin Board?

6. englishman26

Well this company is expanding and getting a hold of a position in the oil sands world but it takes major events to convince traders/investors that that is happening continually even though it really is.

The last week there has been rumors that they're going to announce a partnership. See the smaller pop from 4.60 to 4.80 last week - that's when it started and that's when I bought. It then went dead but when the volume started to come in on friday I knew it was going to be big today (hence the weekly pickers selection) (I thought it would stall at 5.50-5.70 though.).

Once the deal is announced it will go to $7-8 but if the deal doesn't get announced soon then it will re-trace much of this and we'll get another chance to buy in. eg. as Booo"stock-god-to-himself"yahooo said, it could be back at $5 by friday!

Volume still coming in at the end here so it'll keep going afterhours and into tomorrow. Maybe a reverse at 10am tomorrow but could also just keep ripping all week!

Enjoy.

7. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

That's the thang, look around da energy patch and tell me watcha see! CWPC is just anudder classic case of an "idiot stock" being driven up cause it movin higher and fokes can't fode no overpriced pig like yer typical $10 energy stock that is trading for $50 :) It might even be over for CWPC today, we'll have to see how da chawt sets up on that 6.18 closing price. Kind of a weird numba to top out at...but you will have yer $5 entry hit fo Fri. *-) I doubt that Cramer will pump an OTC dawg, but I wouldn't put it past him. Any stock trading at or near a 52 week high is game fo da Crame! LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2006
  8. MoMoney4Me

MoMoney4Me Member won weekly contest 7x

I waited till deadline to post the pick thinking you might go for it again this week.
    Yeh, you had a nice ride on this baby last week! I hope she's still putting out for my sake this week.
    I've learned that stocks hitting new highs on high volume orten follow through with even higher volume and higher highs. So was the case today.
    My real money account I bought 1000 shares last Friday and added 1775 today. Looks like with the volume today and strong close, GNBT has legs to run on!

With real money I'm in with 2775 shares avg of $3.14 each. Looking to hit at least $4 by Friday. If so, will take profit and use it at Universal Studios Florida week after next while on vacation!

Good luck all with your picks too

9. Technical Alchemist

Technical Alchemist forum leader won penny contest 13x won weekly contest 12x

I was just bustin' your balls. I didn't want to pick it again. After 30% I figured it was time ot let 'er cool. Good luck though man. Have fun down south. I hear it's been warm down there.

10. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

LOL Doan lissen ta me! I'd hold CWPC for 4.00 like you are holding SGU for $4. LOL

11. englishman26

[​IMG]

12. englishman26

I'm listening! (I sold SGU for 0%.) I'll keep a close eye on CWPC tomorrow.

13. the_menace

the_menace Member weekly contest winner

Does Boo even know that were picking stocks that's going up this week and not 2 weeks from today? But anywho, nice run for COR and GNBT although it looks oversold...hopefully it'll hold til Friday. TKO has great potential for run though...nice picks.

14. englishman26

Booo at best helps save us money. At worst he seems to assume that we're all idiots and will hold onto a stock until the company ceases to exist. Sometimes he seems bitter. I'm wondering if he lost all his money in the tech crash and now he's jealous of anyone making money in the markets.

15. the_menace

the_menace Member weekly contest winner

He probably did. Its funny how he automatically just takes the opposite side, be contrarian and rather make you feel bad about the trade you made.

16. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

LOL I realize you are all traders, the really funny thing is how everyone fits "exactly" into the mold of a trader! I know it....yuns guys jist won't admit it. *-)

17. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

I'm not here to make friends....I'm here to SAVE YOU MUUUNEEEEEE! And in the case of SIRI I not only saved most fokes muny I told them when to make muny, if they listened dat is. Axe not what I "probably have done"...axe what you shoulda, coulda, woulda done. *-) LOL BTW, my advice to da Chinaman when DWOG was at 2.15 and CWPC was at 4.60 was purty "timely"...doancha think?!! Well as Elvis would say.....thank you veeery muuuuuuuch. :)

18. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

In regarsa to GTE...careful, since "Looks like Friday is all it was giving out" I may just run it up on ya one mo time! LOL

19. Pinguin

Pinguin Member won weekly contest 5x

Today was not good to me...hmmm gotta rethink this week-long hold strategy...

20. MoMoney4Me

MoMoney4Me Member won weekly contest 7x

GNBT be rockin !!

GNBT be rockin !!
    Hit my real money target of $4 today, but after selling reconsidered and bought back in @ $4.02 on a dip late in the day around 3:30
    It's looking overbought, but gotta have guts to ride this one until the trend turns. Made $2400 real money since Friday.
    Loaded up with 7700 real shares this afternoon @$4.02, now looking for GNBT to break through $5 tomorrow.
    Did you see the volume today? Awesome !!
    :roll:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.