Weekly stock challenge 3/14/08

Discussion in 'Weekly stock picking challenge' started by Thierry Martin, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florida

Florida Member won weekly contest 10x won aug/08 simulator won apr/08 simulator won jan/09 simulator

On the results page, you have my stock computed correctly, but labeled incorrectly.

I am long NLY, it is labeled as short.

Thanks,

2. englishman26

englishman26 Active Member won weekly contest 6x

Short covering. Don't worry - the shorting has started again already and you'll be back to 0 by the end of the week!

3. wallstreetsedge

wallstreetsedge Active Member won weekly contest 2x

lol thanks!

there isnt a huge number of shorts outstanding tho

4. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

Fixed, thanks for letting me know.

5. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

6. AJLightning

AJLightning Member

I thought this was opposite week? DOAH...:mad:

7. wallstreetsedge

2 more days lol anything can happen!

8. Thierry Martin

9. MrSer

MrSer Member won weekly contest 3x

Hmmm 112% i can easily beat that... NOT. Nice call on TMA my finger was over the buy button the day it hit its low. Would of made a nice penny. Would of been a nice return. :|

10. mlegha1

mlegha1 Member won weekly contest 9x won feb/08 simulator won oct/08 simulator

Isn't this a above $2 contest?Unless I am missing something...and TMA was $1.34 when it opened on Monday.
    English deserves to win this time around...

11. AJLightning

AJLightning Member

:dito:

12. wallstreetsedge

i didnt even realize that. but its funny that no one said anything when my pick was down 50% on day 1.. or when it was up 15% but when its up 100%, people have something to say..

but you know what... if you want to, go ahead.

to me its just a game and you guys want to say something when im ahead by 100% (but not down 50% or up 15%) then id rather not win it

13. Lizard King

Lizard King New Member

I think because it's up over 100% it drew some attention to it and made people realize the pick price...

I could care less... Nice pick regardless!:top:

14. englishman26

englishman26 Active Member won weekly contest 6x

It was a good pick and an honest mistake on the rules. I think people just didn't notice before - as you didn't notice when you picked it. Maybe we can both win! Maybe neither of us will anyway!:boxing:

15. Thierry Martin

Sorry wallstreetsedge, I didn't notice your pick didn't close at $2.00 or more on Friday so it will be disqualified. I'll leave it in the chart though because it will be interesting to see how it does, looks like it will "win" at this point. Great pick anyway, maybe we should have a contest for pennies.

16. freakscene

freakscene Active Member won weekly contest 2x

wse, this isnt the first time a pick has been DQ'ed.

price and volume are the 2 criteria

17. aiki14

aiki14 Well-Known Member won april/06 simulator won weekly contest 13x won feb/07 simulator won jan/07 simulator won nov/06 simulator won mar/07 simulator

I am sure that WSE didn't realize that the rules didn't allow stocks trading under $2. I wonder why it seems funny to him that nobody said anything when he was down and then pointed it out when he was up. I realize this is the opposite of just about every post he has ever made, pointing out all of hit great picks and glossing over any others, so I can see how he would be surprised by this.
    Of course it's just a game, but anyone who enters every week and then says that it doesn't matter if he doesn't win or more absurdly that he'd rather not win, is being disingenuous.
    Frankly, I am shocked, judging by his posts on every topic and his commentary, that WSE doesn't win every week.

18. wallstreetsedge

thanks.. i did know about the$2 rule but i forgot all about it this time for some reason. last week or the week before, i picked brlc and realized it was under $2 so i changed my pick. i guess since tma was around $2 when it came across my radar i just didnt think twice about it.

fair is fair and whoever wins, should win regardless if i as disqualified

19. wallstreetsedge

ha... i dont know if that was a compliment or an insult

20. AJLightning

AJLightning Member

neither...:biggrin:

and rules are rules bro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.