Vote for BOOOYAHOOO! rank

Discussion in 'Stock picks and trading strategies' started by Thierry Martin, Oct 16, 2005.

?

Vote for BOOOYAHOOO! rank

1. valued contributor

100.0%
  2. offensive poster

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Damon

Damon Member

Maybe we can create a special hybrid rank for him. How does "valued offensive contributer" sound?

2. optimus25

optimus25 Active Member

Good one Damon.

3. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

How about "contrarian contributor" since that's basically the reason why I got the red bar in the first place. If I wasn't telling all of the people at this site the truth they wouldn't have been so insulted. Some of the people who took Cramer's advice and bought the stuff he said to buy are now waaaay underwater. And when I come along and tell the guy who paid 75.00 for SWN that he had better grab a snicker's bar cause he won't be seeing his 75.00 for awhile it obviouly might not sit right with him/her so they take it as an insult. The part about grabbing a Snickers bar is funny enough. The part about waiting to get even isn't. But it just happens to be the truth. I got my red bar because people can't handle the truth. I rest my case your honor! :D

4. englishman26

englishman26 Active Member won weekly contest 6x

I think "valued contrarian" with a red bar is perfect!

5. moby

moby New Member

Thanks Thierry for putting this to a vote :D . I only discovered this board today but must say I agree with most of the positive comments in favour of Boooyahooo's posts - he appears to be an experienced market player and it makes for balance to hear from people negative on Cramer as well as all those who look on him as an Icon.
    I would prefer to see all posts "in the raw", spelling/grammer mistakes and all, although I don't believe that profanity/obscenity should be allowed. Cheers !

6. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

Thanks for the comments Moby and welcome to the forum.

I think there are enough supporters for raw posts that I will stop fixing spelling and grammer mistakes for a couple of weeks and then see if everyone still agrees that that is the way to go.

The way the forum software is set up, most of the common "filthy" words will automatically be converted into something harmless, but I will still remove any really "bad" words that haven't made it into our "banned words" dictionary yet.

If this were a forum about stand-up comedy, or even politics, I would leave the foul language, but I feel that using that kind of language here would be a distraction from the exchange of information about stocks, trading and investing that most visit the forum for. And we have young vistitors too, because Cramer acts like such a clown on his show, so I would like to keep things at about a PG rating, if that is possible.

7. xboilermaker

xboilermaker Member won weekly contest 2x

Moby said it perfect for me , Thierry. This is as democratic as it gets. But I understand the possible delimna, because once bad language goes beyond a piont, it tends to degrade further. I don't feel qualified to decide the line on where to censor an obscene post. This is your house, and I am only a guest, so do as you see fit, but I will not be offended, no matter.
    Oh, and Moby, if you live in the US, you spelled "favor" wrong! :wink:

8. JerryCecco

JerryCecco New Member

my vote

Language doesn't offend me -- money losing advice passed along to the general pulic offends me... especially when I listen...

9. jacobnbr1

jacobnbr1 Active Member won weekly contest 3x

dudnt mader to me. i think booyahoo needs to stay. he is just as equal as anyone else. if you ban him, make sure you hang a sighn on the door that says " no bears allowed " cramer doesnt ban herb greenburg and nor should we punish booyahoo for his take. just my 2 pennies worth before i loose them in oil :lol:

10. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

We don't want to ban anyone - just asking whether we change his "rank" from valued contributor to offensive poster. We have found a compomise solution - he is now a "valued contrarian."

His bearishness never entered into it - the issue was the ridiculing of some members of the forum.

11. jacobnbr1

jacobnbr1 Active Member won weekly contest 3x

i have never read a post that was offensive directed to any one here, the only ones he is being offensive to is mostly cramer and sometimes the bulls. further, we could be the bulls that he is directing his offensive behavior to, but oh-wellwe are all adults. somtimes you need an ego loaded smart as# to open your eyes as to how stupid you could be for making bullish or bearish decisions. my oppinion. :D