Upgraded forum software

Discussion in 'Forum information and help' started by Thierry Martin, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

Last night we went offline for about two hours as I updated the forum software to the latest stable and usable version.

I still have to tweak a few things here and there, but please let me know if you notice any weirdness.

As always, these updates improve performance and add features, refine functionality that was already there, and add the latest security patches to protect us from madmen who go around vandalizing websites.

Happy holidays!

2. If threads and posts define ''madman'' hellooo. Yeah man, notices vids do not display and one link for a vid that was displayed went black, can't even click it ta open. Is it the new glitch or what?

3. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

We were trying to restore the embedded media modification we were using and lost after doing the upgrade. One of our attempts involved adding tags to the video links, the link you say "went black" was still there, just surrounded by a tag. All you had to do was to copy and paste the link to get it to work. We are working on fixing the inevitable bugs that occur when you update one million lines of code. Sorry you were inconvenienced.

4. nysegop

nysegop Member

Do you prefer vBulletin® over phpBB? I use phpBB and might switch.

5. Thierry Martin

We switched from phpBB to vbulletin years ago, and yes I preferred it. Haven't made the switch though to the latest version vbulletin 4 - still not convinced this would be a good thing.

6. Thierry Martin

Made the switch, and I am glad I did!