This forum has died.... It's time to ramp it.

Discussion in 'Stock picks and trading strategies' started by Blaine Tarr, May 22, 2019.

1. Blaine Tarr

Blaine Tarr forum leader won penny contest 24x won weekly contest 20x

Hey all! It's been too long since I've posted here. I'm trading full-time these days focused on options of higher priced stocks such as Apple (AAPL), Qualcom (QCOM), Roku (ROKU), Zoom Video (ZM), Tesla (TSLA); just to show a few.

I used to trade penny stocks heavily but with the SEC finally cracking down on Pump & Dumps; I've moved on to real stocks. Actually, my option returns have turned out to be much greater than even some of the biggest AwesomePennyStock pumps back in the day. (Funny, the APS owner is still on the run and rumor is he's still touting junk when he gets a chance.)

The point is: Stop chasing junk stocks and learn to trade options of real companies. Granted Tesla might not be real for much longer. Elon himself only gives them 10 months. The higher priced and bigger range the better. Here is a link to a quick scan for optionable stocks with a high average true range. Higher stock volume will lead to better liquidity of the options as well.

One of my screener setups via Finviz (don't worry its free):
    https://finviz.com/screener.ashx?v=...ice_o20,ta_averagetruerange_o1&ft=4&o=-volume

Here is an example of a day-trade I completed using AAPL calls in which I made 70% in 90 minutes. Yes, it's still the same pattern I used to teach. Price action is read-able whether its a $1 stock or $200 stock. If you can learn how to analyze supply and demand you'll see more opportunity than you ever thought possible; both long and short. Of course I'll find a small cap every now and then to have some fun with (like OBLN today), but for the most part I'm in the options game.

Anyway, I hope to see some familiar faces around here soon as well as many new ones. Be on the look out for new trade ideas posts as the setups form. Good Luck out there!

Rich likes this.
  2. Rich

Rich Member

Nice to see posts coming back

3. Blaine Tarr

Blaine Tarr forum leader won penny contest 24x won weekly contest 20x

Yes, this forum needs more people posting. Whether its 'hey great stock', or 'hey, stupid stock' I would like to see more lurkers posting feedback which leads to new trade ideas in the future.

I recently decided to get my series 7 & 63 licenses so that I can trade/invest for others; as most of the people in my network don't have time to learn and trade on a consistent basis. My sponsoring broker/dealer will not allow me to give public advice once I sign the contract with them in August.

Therefore, to keep this forum going, new people have to step forward and start posting! Now is the time to ask as many questions as possible and start building your own strategy to post for others to provide feedback or give credit.

4. Sbs Fin

Sbs Fin New Member

Nice initiative.