Swine Flu Play - NVAX

Discussion in 'Stock picks and trading strategies' started by likesmoney, Aug 30, 2009.

1. likesmoney

likesmoney Member

2. RedStripe

RedStripe Active Member won weekly contest 4x won july/10 simulator won oct/09 simulator

solid pick, i've been following this one breaking out right now i'd be a buyer...

3. Rafa1

Rafa1 Member

VICL as well

4. likesmoney

likesmoney Member

RAFA1

I agree, in fact I did do a chart for VICL

I felt a little stronger about NVAX so I posted that one.

But here is VICL:

[​IMG]

Happy Trading

5. matt511

matt511 New Member

Just a tid bit.

I'm a Operating room nurse and one of the surgeons was basically talking about how this company is able to grow what they need quicker than in the past. (which was to use eggs). So that could be a good thing.

6. Rafa1

Rafa1 Member

$4.84 as of 1.13 pm EDT,Heavy volume:)

7. Gone Wild

Gone Wild New Member

Looks like I need to take a look at both of these....hope its not too late!!:dong:

8. Rafa1

Rafa1 Member

H1N1 List:
    News moves most of these H1N1 plays higher
    AVII BCRX CERS CRXL DVAX GILD INO NVAX RDY SVA VICL
    Out of all I like Vical the most,since it's more than just H1N1.

9. yupyup

yupyup Member won weekly contest 2x

Nvax blowing up this morning. Been talking about this one in the chat room for a few months now!

10. yoyomama

yoyomama Member penny contest winner

awesome...wish I had listened.

11. freakscene

freakscene Active Member won weekly contest 2x

12. robb01

robb01 New Member

I got in a little under 6, might sell today

13. pburggra

pburggra Member

Sold that one today, last time i didnt take a profit....GOT SLAUGHTERED. still recovering.

14. yoyomama

yoyomama Member penny contest winner

I got in near the open and watched it take off some more, got greedy & watched it go down before I got out. waaah.

15. freakscene

freakscene Active Member won weekly contest 2x

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=108604

public health doctors, eh ?

16. Rafa1

Rafa1 Member

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

Vical Inc. (VICL) said it received a U.S. patent for influenza vaccines, including for H1N1 it has been developing and is waiting to test on humans.
    Shares jumped 15% premarket to $5.01. The stock has more than tripled this year.
    Vical is developing vaccines both for H5N1 Avian and H1N1 swine flu. Both vaccines use Vical's patented Vaxfectin adjuvant, which has been shown in tests to enhance immunity. The H5N1 vaccine completed early-stage testing last year.
    In June, Vical said its prototype swine-flu vaccine was ready for a large-scale tryout on people after the drug developer reported encouraging results of tests on mice and rabbits. But the company reiterated it needed funding to begin large-scale manufacturing of the vaccine for human clinical trials.
    Last week, the World Health Organization said H1N1 had overtaken other viruses to become the most prevalent flu strain. At least 2,185 people have died after contracting the swine flu virus. WHO also has urged the world to brace for a second wave of the swine flu pandemic as the heavily populated northern hemisphere edges toward the cooler season when flu thrives.
    The U.S. government said in May it was setting aside $1 billion to launch development of an H1N1 vaccine, but the bulk of the money will be going to drug giants Novartis AG (NVS), Sanofi-Aventis SA (SNY) and GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK).
    -By Mike Barris, Dow Jones Newswires; 212-416-2330; mike.barris@dowjones.com;
    (END) Dow Jones Newswires
    September 03, 2009 08:11 ET (12:11 GMT)

17. Rafa1

Rafa1 Member

Sold VICL @ $5.41 17% return in 4 days:biggrin:

18. tigerlam92

tigerlam92 Member

It just went up 22%! :)

19. Rafa1

Rafa1 Member

Trading at $5

20. Bolimomo

Bolimomo Active Member

Is this thread about NVAX, or VICL? I am very confused.

Would you please start a new thread on VICL? Or be more specific in your posts?