October 2006 Trading Simulator contest - First Prize $100.00

Discussion in 'Trading simulator with monthly prizes' started by Thierry Martin, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

I have set up another trading simulator for October - 1st prize is $100, 2nd and 3rd prizes are trading books.

If you already played in previous competitions, you already have an account and your can just continue trading, your portfolio will be set back to $100,000.

If you are new to the simulator, you can join at anytime up to October 23. You must use the same username as you use here. This thread will be used to discuss the game and post updates on the standings.

You start with $100,000 and you can trade stocks long or short. We are not trading options anymore, as they made the results swing wildly both ways. Whoever has the highest amount at the close of trading on October 31, 2006 wins.

The trading simulator/contest is open only to registered members of this forum. (Registering is free!)

Send me a private message and I will send you the link for your free sign up.

2. Marwan

Marwan New Member

HI Thierry,

I would like to take part in October simulator contest, please sign me in.

Thanks
    Marwan

3. MoMoney4Me

MoMoney4Me Member won weekly contest 7x

The Investopedia simulator is still showing September portfolio results.
    When will it be reset for the October contest and trade orders accepted ?

4. TonyM

TonyM Active Member weekly contest winner

Anyone have any tips on how to get a limit sell order filled on a volatile stock? I keep getting killed due to the inability of the simulator to execute orders on a quick spike, do some of you just settle for taking the profit below where you are pretty sure the pps will run to, or is it just me?

5. TonyM

TonyM Active Member weekly contest winner

Well Thierry, I have no idea why this happens every month, but my portfoilio is still logged into the September simulator and there is no listing of any months madmoney games when I try to search for a game to join. I had to change my name last month just to get in. I guess I'll try the same if no one has any ideas on what's causing the problem.

6. Jordan

Jordan Member won weekly contest 5x

I have the same problem

7. unstatusthequo

unstatusthequo New Member

Me too... happens every month for some reason.

8. Crusher524

Crusher524 New Member

I have the same problem as well.

9. MoMoney4Me

Same problem here this afternoon. It needs to be reset by the moderator. I guess this month will be shorter for us all after the reset.
    And all my picks are up huge today !! Just kidding, but hey, let's get on the ball here !

10. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

The Investopedia programmers have been notified of the problem and I am waiting for a fix or a response - will post here when it happens. Sorry about this!

The reason the game doesn't show when you search is because it is a private, premium, invitation only contest so it is not listed for the general public.

11. MoMoney4Me

Thanks for the quick response to the problem. I'm sure it will be corrected soon.
    Now that's what I call great customer service ! [​IMG]

12. MoMoney4Me

The latest check shows the simulator portfolios have balances reset to 100k, but still has us on September which has already ended, so no orders are being accepted at this time.
    We need to be reset and started on October's contest.

13. Thierry Martin

14. Thierry Martin

The simulator has been repaired and the contest for October is now on!

15. Empire

Empire Member weekly contest winner won oct/06 simulator

says game has already ended still...?

16. Jordan

Jordan Member won weekly contest 5x

I get the same

17. Thierry Martin

18. Thierry Martin

19. MoMoney4Me

Thanks for sticking with it until it was fixed Thierry.
    Good luck everyone !

20. Empire

Empire Member weekly contest winner won oct/06 simulator

Thanks for getting things smooth Thierry. Question though, I thought we could short? It says shorting is not aloud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.