New here, New to stocks, young and determined

Discussion in 'Learn how to trade or invest by asking questions' started by Jstall, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Jstall

Jstall New Member

Hello everyone my name is Joe I am a college student and 21 years old. I have recently in the last two months became OBSESSED with the stock market and that may be an understatement. I have been so intrigued and I never thought in a million years I would love it this much. With that being said the past two months have had ups and downs for me. I obviously have made some mistakes, but I made a few good picks as well. I tend to stick to stocks under $3.00 because like I said I am a college student with a limited budget. I have absorbed more information about the stock market in the past two months than in my entire life. I have learned the art (or starting to understand) of candlestick charts and reading and analyzing trends as well as picking out good fundamentals in companies. I started with very little knowledge so of course I hopped on the obvious trends such as SWVI, ANX, GNIN and a few other mainstream penny stocks that have seem to be victims of pump and dumps. I wouldn't say I got burned, but I learned a few lessons. I have been trying to find a reputable source to come and converse with people about stocks, sites like investorshub turned me off, but this site opened my eyes to what people with actual smarts can do in the market. I am very determined and can't wait to see what I can do with other peoples insights added to my own. I hope to learn a lot here and really excel. From the reading ive done over the past few days here, it seems like a group of really smart individuals and I already learned a great deal.

2. MikeB

MikeB New Member

Same here except I'm 20. Any great solid new advice for new traders or investors? Something simple and short to build up on?

3. SODOX

SODOX New Member weekly contest winner

Join us In a Live action chat room with live charts and buy and sell alerts. Learn from the best guru around msg Blaine Tarr on this forum.