Monthly Stock Pickers Challenge February 2006

Discussion in 'Weekly stock picking challenge' started by ChronicDDL, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChronicDDL

ChronicDDL valued contributor won weekly contest 4x

Starting price

Luc1Grunt
    GW - 8.54
    KMB - 57.12
    PD - 160.86

2. xboilermaker

xboilermaker Member won weekly contest 2x

Sorry.

3. TripleBuy

TripleBuy Member won jan/06 simulator

Lots of Red on the ol' spreadsheet thus far. Only real stocks that have made significant gains (>5%) on the first 3 days of this challenge are :

PAL
    +13.16% (xboilermaker)

SEED
    +8.27% (TripleBuy)

PRLS
    +7.04% (TheChartGuru)

I'll post the weekly stats after the closing bell.

Good Luck to all!

4. TripleBuy

TripleBuy Member won jan/06 simulator

Weekly Standings as of 2/3:

xboilermaker
    +3.79%

TheChartGuru
    +2.83%

Booyahoo
    +.96%

BuyOnDips
    +.16%

TripleBuy
    +.01%

Luc1Grunt
    -1.13%

englishman26
    -1.31%

Stockviper
    -1.54%

Investing Moron
    -1.66%

wqcustom
    -1.67%

2 Worldz
    -1.88%

beatthestreet
    -2.08%

ChronicDDL
    -3.33%

Will
    -3.48%

Early Gainers include:

PAL
    +13.06% (xboilermaker)

PRLS
    +9.19% (TheChartGuru)

SEED
    +5.97% (TripleBuy)

Early Losers include:

SIRI
    -5.66% (ChronicDDL)

LSS
    -4.34% (Investing Moron)

PTR
    -4.23% (Will)

5. xboilermaker

Where's TripleBuy?

Leading in the monthly challenge seems like a distant memory now, and I have been wondering what happened to TripleBuy. I miss his weekly updates. Maybe vacationing in Bimini or some other exotic tropical paradise with his winnings?

6. InvestingMoron

InvestingMoron Member won weekly contest 2x

Can we have an update on the monthly please? I would appreciate it, thanks!

7. pmb1010

pmb1010 Member

Thanks TCG - I took a look at PRLS early this week, bought in and picked up 10% gain Monday to Friday (planned and pre-programmed exit point) and it's appearing to still be going higher.
    Good job.

8. xboilermaker

I'm in PRLS for the second time. Copped a profit and got back in a little early this time, day before valentines day @ 6.75, so back in the green finally.

9. englishman26

englishman26 Active Member won weekly contest 6x

I just adapted the spreadsheet I was using for the weekly thing and I'll post the monthly results tomorrow night!

10. englishman26

Investingmoron is currently winning with a gain of 3.4% for the month. CHIC really pulled through for him.

Buyondips is second with 1.5%

Everyone else is negative, with an investment average of -3.1% Oh dear!

Well maybe tomorrow everything will change!!

11. BuyOnDips

BuyOnDips Active Member

My problem with the contest is that I rarely look at stocks above $25.00. I spent about 1 minute picking UBS and INTU using MSN's stock screener. The way things are going today, my overall % might be 0.00. Hopefully March will be better.

12. englishman26

A bad month!

Investingmoron is the monthly stockpicking winner! Congrats! The best of a bad bunch though really. I think we were all investing morons in the month of february! I hope march brings better things!

[​IMG]

13. BuyOnDips

BuyOnDips Active Member

Yes, we didn't do well last month. But at least I'm glad I actually purchased a few shares of TIBX. Congrats to InvestingMoron!

14. TheChartGuru

TheChartGuru Active Member won weekly contest 7x won sept/08 simulator won feb/06 simulator won jan/08 simulator won may/06 simulator won mar/08 simulator

The entry for my pick, PGR was wrong. PGR has never been at $141.40. The entry price for PGR should be $104.60. That's a 2.7% gain

The Guru has spoken

15. stockviper

stockviper Active Member

Thanks Englishman!

I didn't mind losing a little for the challenge. The bad part is I decided to put my money where my mouth was and actually own some BTU & FIZ. I feel confident that these companies will do OK in the long run, but we did have a bad month. I sold my WFMI a few weeks ago but may get back in.

16. englishman26

Sorry TCG - I just took Triplebuy's entry prices that he posted a month ago. You're right - it never got anywhere near $141! It does indeed look like it was $104.60.

This would mean you had an overall gain of 8.4% for the month making you the winner by a mile!

CORRECTION: 1st place: Thechartguru 8.4%

I'l run the monthly challenge this month I'll make sure I get the entry prices right!

17. TheChartGuru

TheChartGuru Active Member won weekly contest 7x won sept/08 simulator won feb/06 simulator won jan/08 simulator won may/06 simulator won mar/08 simulator

Thank you. I would like to receive this award in honor of all my friends, family members and all my fans. I couldn't have done it without you. :)

The Guru has spoken

18. InvestingMoron

InvestingMoron Member won weekly contest 2x

*concedes title to TCG*

19. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

I'm closing this thread - the March thread is here:
    http://www.cramersmadmoney.com/showthread.php?t=2283

Congratulations TheChartGuru - send me your address and I will send you a copy of Conquer the Crash by Robert Prechter Jr. - next month's winner gets one also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.