L'Brands - Any signs of a turnaround?

Discussion in 'Stock picks and trading strategies' started by Cream, May 6, 2019.

1. Cream

Cream New Member

Are people actually confident in LBrands ability to turn around their sinking, out of touch, ship?

I have heard from "friends" that work there that things are much worse than they seem and is being reported. Not only is their board of directors not diverse and also out of touch, apparently this problem is systematic across all senior management. According to what I have heard, the whole upper tier of the company is insulated with old men with old ideas, resistant to change, and only value people who validate their opinions in an echo chamber manner.

Cutting costs while maintaining a fleet of private jets for global shopping trips to confirm strongly held opinions that trickle down from this out of touch priest class?

It seems like these half hearted attempts at restructuring their businesses over the past three years (?) have been half hearted attempts and posturing, without any real, meaningful, change happening. Keeping focus on padded bras, women being "angels" and "bombshells", rather than focusing on products and messaging that make women feel good about themselves, rather than self-conscious and imperfect? PINK in huge branding letter all over their clothing when the market has clearly moved on? Why do +60 year old men get to gives women validation and self worth?

2. Blaine Tarr

Blaine Tarr forum leader won penny contest 24x won weekly contest 20x

LB finally got a bounce after hours today on the earnings report. We'll see if it can hold higher in the morning. If it trends I may be interested.

Know the news, trade the action.

3. Blaine Tarr

Blaine Tarr forum leader won penny contest 24x won weekly contest 20x

LB - keep an eye on 25 area. If it can breakout later it's a potential swing trade towards 29 with risk on 24.