Compete in our own Weekly Stock Picker's Challenge

Discussion in 'Weekly stock picking challenge' started by jacobnbr1, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GDFLS

GDFLS Member weekly contest winner

I will take a swing with NXG at 2.12, Thanks!

2. ChronicDDL

ChronicDDL valued contributor won weekly contest 4x

3. ChronicDDL

ChronicDDL valued contributor won weekly contest 4x

Scratch BPG since wallnut already picked it.

My new pick is-

AXO @ 2.25

4. jacobnbr1

jacobnbr1 Active Member won weekly contest 3x

Weekly stock pickers challenge 02-13-06

A lot of new players this week

Investingmoron rad 3.53

Luc1grunt sgen 4.68

The_menace fstw 2.18

Boooyahooo isph 3.98

Xboilermaker asx 4.45

Jacobnbr1 ocpi 2.88

Teno4212 tmr 4.29

Bigdawg291 doc 3.31

Loslobos71 cnxt 2.75

Chinaman711 trbm 3.77

Englishman26 twti 2.73

Walnut bpg 2.65

Gdfls nxg 2.12

Chroniddl axo 2.25

Holy crapoli!!! Too many players on the field..
    Lets see what shakes down.

5. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

Just be aware that you allowed sumbody to change their pick. I think you previously said that changing was not allowed, but now it appears that it is. Jist lettin ya know in case a conflict because of a change in sumbody's pick happens in da future. :)

6. jacobnbr1

yea i know. he changed cause it would have been a duplicate, somone else had already picked that one.

7. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

Well, I don't see MSGI on the list as one that sumbody had picked prior to Englishman switching from MSCI to TWTI. But if you say so......:)

8. englishman26

englishman26 Active Member won weekly contest 6x

I apologise for any confusion. It's only a game so run either MSGI or TWTI, I don't mind. Or both!

9. chinaman711

chinaman711 Well-Known Member won weekly contest 4x

englishman

Why would you change your mind lol

10. englishman26

I picked my stock in the midst of reading and researching various things on sunday afternoon. I hadn't looked at TWTI when I picked MSGI. I decided that TWTI had more potential this week after I'd already sent in MSGI as my pick. I have nothing against MSGI - it's still good and rumours of news coming out soon could send it much higher. News might not come out until next week though. The news is out on TWTI and the technicals look good better too. I didn't know I couldn't change my pick as long as it was all done before midnight on sunday. Like I say - I don't really care!

11. chinaman711

chinaman711 Well-Known Member won weekly contest 4x

just kidding

I was just kidding with you as i did the same thing 2 weeks ago.

12. jacobnbr1

Weekly stock pickers challenge update 02-13-06

Investingmoron rad qualified and in

Luc1grunt sgen not qualified yet by price- volume in

The_menace fstw not qualified yet by volume- price in

Boooyahooo isph not qualified

Xboilermaker asx qualified and in

Jacobnbr1 ocpi not qualified yet

Teno4212 tmr qualified and in

Bigdawg291 doc not qualified yet

Loslobos71 cnxt not qualified by price- volume in

Chinaman711 trbm qualified and in

Englishman26 twti qualified and in +1.5%

Walnut bpg not qualified yet

Gdfls nxg qualified and in

Chroniddl axo qualified and in- the biggest gainer today +7.0%

That is what went on today, I will fine tune it tomorrow after the close and update the places.

13. jacobnbr1

oh! i thought we was talking about chronic and his last hicup on bpg.. i did not catch that. hmmm what to do? eh englishman? how is the other play playing out?

14. englishman26

Well MSGI down 3.9% so not good! Could easily be +20% by the end of the week though. Or the end of next week. Swap me back to that if you want - like I say, I don't really mind - I didn't realise I couldn't switch.

I guess it's kind of like checkers - once you take your finger off the piece, your move is set! (I love the scene with the fat kid playing checkers in "bad santa."!) (And Boo reminds me of "Bad santa!")

15. jacobnbr1

i personally beleive boooyahoo is the one and only BILL ORILEY of fox news.bwaaahahahahaha-haaaahahahaha

16. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

Bill O'Reilly huh? Well if you watched the beginning of his show tonight and you saw the discussion he had with the other clueless idiot about crude oil, I doubt you would say I am Bill O'Reilly. In fact, I know you wouldn't if you listened to what I have already said many times about da matter *-)

17. jacobnbr1

of course i have listened mr gekko.. it is just a joke, i am surprised you really do watch bill o'reily. i figured maybe you could incorporate the no spin zone here. lol... i remember watching stern and o'reily go at it one night, i was laughing so hard i was crying. o'reily tried to give stern a "NO SPIN ZONE " jacket and then said he would not give it to him cause it would end up being worn by some whore or gay lesbo.hahahha

18. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

I've never watched an entire show because O'Reailly is such an idiot and waaay off base on most of the crap he tawks about. He doesn't even do the research necessary to find out that he is wrong about many of the issues he pursues. Like when the state of Fla did not arrest the 2 people who were staying with Jessica Lunsford's killer. According to Fla state law the way it is written, there was no legal grounds to arrest the 2. But that wasn't good enough for BO, he sent a crew of attack dawgs who hounded the assistant state attorney Brad King all day long. And for what? To prove what an idiot Bill O'Reailly is? I think his views on why gasoline prices were so high is just hilarious. The other guy they had on the show debating him was a complete idiot! He said to tax gasoline and heating oil heavily and then use the tax $$$ to extract oil from Canadian oil sands! LOL, Now there's a completely absurd idea that will luckily be going the way of the twist before it becomes reality. I feel sorry for the clowns investing in those overpriced Canadian oil sand stocks thinking they are gonna end up with anything more than 30% of what they started with! LOL

19. jacobnbr1

hey not to get you off the subject of your best friend or anything but i would like to send you a scan from stock fetcher that i had been working with, i had tro tweak it a little and it seems to be ok and wanted your advice on it.. huh ol' buddie? i would like to give it to you over at the other board if you want to look into it. it is a bottom fisher kinda scan that probably needs a little more but i think i am close. or i will post one ticker for you to gander at to see if i am on the right track. ( apdn ) that is one.

20. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

Yeah OK, go ahead an PM it to me ova yonder an I'll give er a looksee. I can't give you a good take on APDN right now, but I will give you a half-hearted one based on what da chawt at Bigcharts say :) It be showin signs o life here lately....but da .16 low needs to go! *-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.