Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)

Discussion in 'Stock picks and trading strategies' started by Blaine Tarr, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Blaine Tarr

Blaine Tarr forum leader won penny contest 24x won weekly contest 20x

2. Blaine Tarr

AMD my calls were smoked.... Just because it didn't breakout today, doesn't mean it goes off watchlist though. I set alerts to notify me when it gets close again.

3. Blaine Tarr

May still have a chance to breakout this week after finding support again today. Still worth watching if you aren't already.

AMD 6.4.19.jpg

4. Blaine Tarr

Breakout in progress finally. Calls now up 80% vs being down 80%. Sometimes patience pays.

AMD 6.6.19.jpg

5. Blaine Tarr

AMD swing trade and day-trade paid well.

32.50 6/7 calls day-trade .12 to .25

Screenshot_20190606-132307_Robinhood.jpg

6. Blaine Tarr

I'll keep repeating how important price action is until I'm blue in the face. PRICE ACTION PAYS. Nothing else matters. Learn to read the action and utilize options to take advantage of quick gains.

7. dusouth

dusouth Member

do you think the run is over Blaine? I dont trade options and would like to learn.

8. Blaine Tarr

Nice gap up this morning. It'll probably keep going a bit, but the 'easy' breakout trade is over. Now we'll have to wait for another setup or find a new stock.

I say 'easy' but nothing is easy. The idea is to find an edge and play when you know the odds are in your favor. Personally, that's when I see a stock's demand greater than supply creating a price increase. I use near the money, short term calls to increase profit potential. Such as the 100% gain I posted above.

If learning options, I highly recommend getting your feet wet by trading 1 contact until comfortable with how they work. Timing is everything. Decay can eat your premium quick if you pick the wrong strike price. PM me if you would like to chat more about getting started with options.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  9. Blaine Tarr

AMD such a nice breakout. Great chart to learn from. Trading the options was a bit tricker but more rewarding. The daily chart is a great example of how supply and demand study is key to finding the right time to enter your favorite stocks.

AMD 6.10.19.jpg

10. Blaine Tarr

Remember 32-34 range was the target, so always lock in profits on the way up. Can re-join later if it sets up again.

11. Blaine Tarr

AMD on watch Monday for either a breakout above 30.50 using 30 as risk guide for long idea. OR if 30 fails early to get short for more downside using 30.50 as risk guide. Can flip either way depending on how the action plays out. No bias going into the action. Play what it gives us.

12. Blaine Tarr

AMD stuck between 30 & 30.50 perfectly this morning. We'll see which way it breaks later.

13. Blaine Tarr

I hope today's plan made sense. Even if you didn't take the short/puts on the 30 fail its a great setup to learn from. Plus its a reminder to never become too biased one way or the other. Focus on what the action gives us and join the trend.

14. Blaine Tarr

AMD on watch again as its setting up another bullish breakout pattern. Needs to close resistance for breakout confirmation which would give me confidence to get into calls next week.

AMD 7.26.19.jpg