What would you want from a stock prediction website?

Discussion in 'Stock picks and trading strategies' started by andyhaas, Feb 4, 2010.

1. andyhaas

andyhaas New Member

Hi, I started a website talking about what I used to do with stock trading and market prediction (I used everything from traditional indicators to neural nets to genetic algorithms), and was thinking of doing some more work on it.

What would people want from a stock prediction website? What types of services would you like?

I was thinking of offering articles, charts and the ability to add indicators to charts and make custom indicators. Don't know what other services other people would want on a website.

2. Tradetowin

Tradetowin Member

Of course the people want accuracy from a stock prediction website. This is also what I am planning to do before with my website, though i lack resources so I proceed with other aspects.

I have a previous partner that are subscribing to stock prediction services magazine though they are not online. I was tasked to check the accuracy of the prediction before he trade following the advices on the certain magazine. Since I found that prediction made on the subscription is pretty accurate long term, he go ahead and buy some stocks/commodities, so he made a lot of money from it.

This is just one of the observations I have seen from people looking into stock prediction services whether it is online or offline. Good luck with your project.

3. andyhaas

andyhaas New Member

Well, the best I ever got in my prediction was about 70% accuracy consistently when I really worked hard at it. In actual trading, with slippage and because I was trying to work a day job at the time, it wasn't enough to make much money. (It was a lot of work just for me to make $5000 or so).

But based on other papers from people I read, the best they got was about 62%, so maybe I will go ahead and start the site anyway in my spare time.