What does bid/ask price of N/A mean?

Discussion in 'Stock picks and trading strategies' started by jaybo, Feb 19, 2013.

1. jaybo

jaybo New Member

Hey guys i really need some advice here. I want to start trading penny stocks and have done some research on some stocks i want to trade, but the bid and ask are both 0 and the spread is N/A. Does this refer to the fact it's below a minimum price whereby profits can be made? I don't get it.

Hyperthetically, if i bought a share for 0.0001 and sold for 0.0002, i would double my money, correct? Or does it simply say because they're both below 1 cent, it makes no difference and i wont make any money? Will i make profit from such small stock prices, or won't i?

Thanks

2. Doodman

Doodman Member won penny contest 7x won weekly contest 3x

The bid and the ask are at zero because nobody is trying to buy or sell the stock, therefore there is no spread. It's really common for low volume penny stocks and you should try to stay away from them if you don't know what you're doing.

Most pennies trading at 0.0001 are worthless and you most likely will be stuck with them.

3. Blaine Tarr

Blaine Tarr forum leader won penny contest 24x won weekly contest 20x

Jaybo what stock you looking at? 99.9% of .0001's with no bid/ask and no volume are not worth your time. However, if the stock does not have a trading history it could be a different situation.

Yes you can make money on sub-penny stocks but they have to be liquid - meaning trading lots of volume so you can buy and sell easily.