Weekly stock challenge 4/25/08

Discussion in 'Weekly stock picking challenge' started by Thierry Martin, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

OK I fixed it thanks for the info

Picture-3.gif

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  2. englishman26

englishman26 Active Member won weekly contest 6x

Maybe you should do at least 5 minutes of fundie work before trading purely on technicals. They changed their name to "Tiger Logic" the day (friday) they launched their new Chunkit! search engine add-on. The moment I saw your pick I read about them and went to their little demo on the website. I think it's a crock of useless cr*p but then most everything on the internet is and it's all almost impossible to value any of it. Therefore I just thought "don't touch it" - although maybe you'll make money since maybe everyone else came to the conclusion that it's cr*p too - seemed to be down quite a lot recently!

3. englishman26

englishman26 Active Member won weekly contest 6x

Well you say that but how the heck did thechartguru get an opening price of 6.70? Everywhere else it looks like $10 to me and he'd be doing quite well.

4. TheChartGuru

TheChartGuru Active Member won weekly contest 7x won sept/08 simulator won feb/06 simulator won jan/08 simulator won may/06 simulator won mar/08 simulator

Thank you.
    Shouldn't Monday's opening price be $10, instead of $6.70?

5. TheChartGuru

TheChartGuru Active Member won weekly contest 7x won sept/08 simulator won feb/06 simulator won jan/08 simulator won may/06 simulator won mar/08 simulator

I do briefly look at a stock's fundies, but I didn't even bother since it was just a contest pick. I never expected the name change, but the fundies and technicals remain the same and as you said, this company is garbage and it is overbought. Exactly what I look for as a short candidate.

The Guru has spoken

6. Tonkatoy

Tonkatoy Member

My pick is dropping faster then a prom dates panties!!

7. aiki14

aiki14 Well-Known Member won april/06 simulator won weekly contest 13x won feb/07 simulator won jan/07 simulator won nov/06 simulator won mar/07 simulator

I have to read this not ten minutes after my Daughter asked me for money for some Prom related purchase.
    I too have made a couple of prom related purchases.
    Remington 870 Tact-2 Tactical Shotgun $564.34 (includes 2 shot magazine extension, pistol grip and folding stock)
    Seymour Manufacturing D-Handle Round Point Shovel $29.95
    Car Accessories Extra Heavy Duty Vinyl Trunk Liner $79.95
    Demo Bags Tear resistant Contractor Trash Bags $24.99
    10 Acres in remote section of the Pocono's surrounded by state forest $22,500

I'm calm, why do you say I'm not calm.

8. Rich

Rich Member

Aiki, you sound so familiar...

9. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

10. Keventerprises

Keventerprises Active Member weekly contest winner

...The look on that boy's face...Priceless!

11. Keventerprises

Well said, Aiki! That's good you can still get the good stuff. They used to have some big league fireworks too.

Liberty is not free, and Gun Control is when you hit your target the first time.

12. TheChartGuru

Thierry, didn't TIGR(old RDTA) open at $10 on Monday instead of $6.70?

The Guru

13. aiki14

aiki14 Well-Known Member won april/06 simulator won weekly contest 13x won feb/07 simulator won jan/07 simulator won nov/06 simulator won mar/07 simulator

That's what I see as well, open at $10.00 on monday

14. rawbeef006

rawbeef006 Member weekly contest winner

SWN long.

15. Hirsch

Hirsch Member

IMB Short

16. Thierry Martin

17. ChartShark

ChartShark Member

Drat.

Congrats TCG!

18. Tonkatoy

Tonkatoy Member

I am pleased, I came back a lot on that pick of mine!!!!

19. Keventerprises

I wish you'd make some better picks Honda! :D

Fortunately, PAL came back at the end of the week! If it had done that all week, it would have been well into the Positive Percentages.

20. wallstreetsedge

wallstreetsedge Active Member won weekly contest 2x

here it is.. thanks florida

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.