Weekly Stock Challenge 3/24/2006

Discussion in 'Weekly stock picking challenge' started by englishman26, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

CWPC now at 6.23. I said you'll be lucky to get 6.25 so sumbody please put their 2 cents in on this pig. LOL

2. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

Ya know, fokes are anticipating anudder move higher in this GNBT thangy based on what I see after lookin at today's chawt. I wanna warn ya....when fokes is anticipatin it is purt near exactly the time when all hell breaks loose in the opposite direction. I hope you have a strong stomach and I hope this POS rallies before the Naz in general toins agin ya later in the day because GNBT sho won't be a safe haven. I'll tell ya dat right now! *-)

3. englishman26

englishman26 Active Member won weekly contest 6x

[​IMG]

4. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

Jeeesh, maybe ya shoulda stuck wit SGU one mo week! :) Hang in there buddy, I'll see if I can get CWPC a little closer to $5 so you can play it twice in a row like ya did with SGU. Of course you can always play it anyway and anticipate a 20% drop in a week like I do with some of my plays. Naaaah, CWPC goes strait ta eight! :)

5. MoMoney4Me

MoMoney4Me Member won weekly contest 7x

:lol:
    Discussion this morning at 7:00 am for at least 15 minutes on CNBC Squakbox on the subject of Avain Flu.
    Topic ranging from companies to benefit ie..,(GNBT), to government policy.
    Today should be huge for GNBT !

6. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

Makes sense ta me! Look how far they came before CNBC finally noticed! Now that CNBC figured it out enough to get an idiotic anal-yst on to give his opinion....BOOM! BANG! KAZOWEEE! TO DA MOON ALICE! LOL, From the trades you outlined on GNBT so far I guess you always invest this way. Have you ever considered praying more often? :)

7. englishman26

WGRD is flying today! Should take the win although it's going to close with GNBT.

Pity my CWPC didn't qualify!

8. Bman409

Bman409 Member won july/06 simulator won may/06 simulator

Yeah, that CWPC has been outstanding

I thought I'd do well with POMGF, but it'll probably only finish out the week with a "mere" 7-10%.. .

LOL

I'll take it.

9. englishman26

I bought and sold CWPC several times this week (in real money.) Would have made more if I'd just held it. I believe this could be a $35-$40 stock by next year. Very exciting. Risky definitely so that's why I'm jumping in and out.

A guy I know descibed owning CWPC as like being a desert island withthe woman of his dreams. And she bought six of her best friends. And they're all naked!

10. MoMoney4Me

CWPC was clearly the best pick of the week even if it missed qualifying by $0.01 on Monday. It went up from $5.01 and never looked back, up as high as $7.97 today. Closed +48% for the week. Awesome !!
    My hat's off to englishman26 !!

11. englishman26

Cwpc

The 7.97 trade wasn't very real in terms of what you could really sell at. But the close at 7.42 does indeed give 48%. I didn't get some of that in real money as I had what i call "panic gaps" in the middle there somewhere! Boooo's constant booooing didn't help!

I know Cramer says not to love a stock, but I'm definitely in lust with CWPC. I dumped her a few times but everytime I felt empty without her and each time I let her back into my life I felt fully satisfied!

My pick for next week in LVCP - but that's nowhere near the stockpickers range so I'll have to find something else.

I'm surprised no-one mentioned LVLT this week - that's been on a nice run and I would have bought some yesterday if I wasn't so tied up in CWPC, BCON (now sold) and VPHM.

12. MoMoney4Me

LVLT is for me next week @ Monday's open

:!:
    Do you have ESP?
    Go ahead and put me down for LVLT @ open Monday if it's not too early.
    I had choosen LVLT on Morningstar's message boards earlier today as my choice for next week.
    Check it out with a cut and paste of this URL and scroll to post #5:
    http://socialize.morningstar.com/NewSocialize/asp/FullConv.asp?forumId=F100000005&convId=170909

13. englishman26

You're in on LVLT. I'll do the chart for this week later. I have a report (like in real life) due in 45 minutes which is more pressing!

14. Damon

Damon Member

I'd like to play this time. I'd like JDSU @ open Monday.

15. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

I'll take GNBT for next week since you bees givin er up....and based on AH trading I doan think I blame ya. I'll put me entire bankroll on GNBT at 1.95 just in case I am right about them unwinding all of that possie OBV, but wrong about my 2.25 entry tawget by about 10%. GNBT @ 1.95 next week. :)

16. MoMoney4Me

GNBT,, going up or down?

Good luck to you, but my gut says GNBT will be back over $5 and maybe even $6 by Friday, but my tolerance for the risk makes me too shaky to pull that trigger.

I moved a good deal of my real money back into ANAD this week and look to park it there for awhile. I bought that one back last August @ $1.87 and have been accumalating on the dips. It got another upgrade today to strong buy and I look for more of the same before next month's 1st quarter earnings report. Not in the range for the contest here, but looks good for the real money. Constantly coming out with new product and narrowing losses, should be profitable in 4th quarter. I say $9 by then, and $12-$15 24 months out.

17. englishman26

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.