Weekly Stock Challenge 3/24/2006

Discussion in 'Weekly stock picking challenge' started by englishman26, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. englishman26

englishman26 Active Member won weekly contest 6x

[​IMG]

2. wallnut

wallnut Member won weekly contest 2x

HEY I CAN READ IT!!:) But could ya make just mine a lil smaller? At least till its green, hahahahahah man I suck!!! But thats why I love this contest every time I look at it, it reminds me how stupid it is to take open!!!

3. MoMoney4Me

MoMoney4Me Member won weekly contest 7x

Yep e26, jeez is right !
    I could spread my feathers and boast, I'll try not to.
    What goes up, must come down and GNBT might. Hope trend holds through Friday though.
    I'm strapping on my helmet and packing my parachute just in case ! :lol:
    And good luck to all here, hope tomorrow is a better day.

4. the_menace

the_menace Member weekly contest winner

Yup. Is it just me or am I seeing a pullback soon. :lol:

5. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

I'm wondering what that idiot that paid 4.49 yesterday was thinkin. The stock jumped from 4.26 to 4.49....I watched it trade. It was either a false trade, sumbody got caught putting in a market order when all limit buys at 4.25 were filled and there was only one person left with a limit sell in and it was set at 4.49, or GNBT is telling us exactly where the top is. :) It won't be the winner this week. In fact, the winner this week is probably going to get extremely lucky after they were extremely unlucky early in da week so far. That's basically what 70% of a 1 week stock picking contest is anyway....sheeeeeeer luck! :) Except that MIVA thingy of course. If that thang hits da tawget and wins it'll be a tad mo than luck I would venture to say. *-)

6. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

For anybody looking to buy CWPC at 5.00 (and you know who you are) I would suggest you consider this moanin's CNBC spotlight on energy. Remember, CNBC is the voice of what Wall St. wants to make sure you hear, plus today the inventory numbers come out. Also, CWPC is getting ready to signal sell, a rally after a sell signal is bearish and CWPC just needs to confirm the 52 week high with a higher high before it crashes and boins aaaaaaall the way back down to where it qualifies for entry into the race over at the little dawg track, sub 1.00 actually. So if you see CWPC hangin in there early and then running befo noon to ultimately take out da high....I promise that you will be sorry if you buy at $5 when it gits there. If it hits 5.00 befo da high yuns can play it...if yawnto. Looks like a brief ramp in da energy pigs will create a bitmo pain in everything else. Then a rally in everything else which will take a stock like VTSS which happens to be on this list through its 52 week high...and then....Fri! Gulp! :)

7. Bman409

Bman409 Member won july/06 simulator won may/06 simulator

WOW!!!

Up another 16% today.. that thing is ON FIRE... holy cow

8. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

$5 pending on CWPC (now at 6.17 off da 6.35 high which will prove to be the high for the next 3 years)...$5 either tomorrow or Fri so git ready!...next victim of da wrath of BOOOYAH? GNBT *-) COR is toast also...that leaves AVNX and XSNX for the last idiot run to total collapse. Watch me bring em doooooooooown. :)

9. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

GNBT!! LMAO!!! Buy if it hits 2.50! :eek:

10. Bman409

Bman409 Member won july/06 simulator won may/06 simulator

Incredible volatility on that thing

I'll stick with my POMGF, thanks

wow

11. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

What do you expect from an idiot stock? Beleave it er not it's gonna take out 5.02!!! That's why I'll buy if I can buy it right. And paying anything more than 2.50 for this POS makes me an idiot! Let's see if they dump agin into da close.

12. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

Open limit on GNBT into da close...I meant 2.25 not 2.50. My limit is at 2.10...just in case ya wanna dump on me you idiot that bought this morning! LOL

13. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

Ohhhh well, they did dump but not enough. Did you smell da fear at the idiot roast?!! LOL Maybe some more idiots will check their ports when they get home from woik anna really start dumpin. Oooh! Oooh! Maybe Cramer will say SELL! SELL! SELL! on da Lightening Yer Wallet round! Naaaah, that's wishful thinkin...Cramer would have actually said buy tonight if it made it to say $5.50, better luck next time frenzied idiots. LOL

14. wallnut

wallnut Member won weekly contest 2x

ba bye GNBT, Hello SVA

15. MoMoney4Me

I'm talkin about 3 octaves higher tonight than last, feels like a big kick to the gonads after 3 pm today.
    What you saw today were the day traders bailing when the stock failed to break through and hold above $5.00.
    Way oversold and very well may see $2.50 - $2.75 early tomorrow morning, but the longs will bring this one back over $4 before close tomorrow afternoon.
    If it drops below $2.75 I'm backing up the truck for at least another 10k shares.
    The best way to make money in this crazy market is to buy oversold stocks , then sell them into strength. Yeh that happened today, but GNBT is still on the way to $7 and more.
    Many investors forgot what really makes this company valuable - patents and their pipeline products. Oral-lyn will be it's main catylist, gains from development of bird flu vaccine are just secondary

16. englishman26

[​IMG]

17. MoMoney4Me

:!: All that said about GNBT aside, I can say that E26 has the best stock so far this week. CWPC.OB
    I just feel for ya guy having missed qualifier Mon morning by a penny. Ouch, that hurts !!
    Had a nice 23 % pop on Monday, dropped a lil yesterday and mostly flat today, up a hair. Would still be up 17% for the week if had set qualifier just a cent higher.
    Cudos to ya anyway E26 for a nice pick,,,CWPC.OB
    Good luck all!

18. englishman26

I don't mind - I qualified in real money at 4.80 last week. (couldn't go a cent higher - rules are only as high as $5)

19. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

All I bees know is dat 5.02 goes away....sumday. :) Now it bees a guessin game fer most on just when that happens. I heard sumbody else say dat da 13 day moving ave line is da place to look. I guess that's at like 2.75-2.80, sumthin like that. Unless it takes a week to get there of course...then it falls to 2.50-2.60 I'm wreckin since this stock shot up like ole Oral-Lynn was woikin it over since ya mentioned de ole gal. I realize "long standing patents and strong development and research leading to a healthy product pipeline" means alot ta summa yas. But ta me it means jack! *-) Why did GNBT fall from grace at 5.00 instead of say 3.00? I mean...if ya look at da chawt it went from peanuts to bloated pig quicker than chit through a bird flu infested goose! Is there anythang majical about da numba $5? I think so. I also think it be damaged goods for now so I'll just sit back and watch everybody try n figure it out from here since I already told ya the price I would consider buying it for....and not befo then either *-) The funny chit about da whole dabacle was that we went form a bunch of idiots touting the inevitability of bird flu hittin and why they will make a killing to fokes tawkin bout how they was lucky to get out with their stop at 4.66 at various stock discussion sites. Do you know what the guy with the stop at 4.66 probably got when it made that tumble from 4.80? I sho do. *-) Enjoy playin with yer POS GNBT and the rest of the worthless bird flu crap.

20. MoMoney4Me

I'm dizzy, my head is spinning

Booooyahhh !!! That's only where it counts anyway. Good for ya !

I had 8700 real GNBT at open this morning after just getting in last Friday at $2.87. Sold 3700 @ $4.89 at about noon when failed to hold the break above $5.00, locking about 7k in profit.
    Where I screwed up was buying 4500 shares back at $4.50 before 3pm thinking day traders were closing positions for the day and might regain between 3 and 4. Ouch, what a killing I'm taking on that move. That was a $12,160 drop in real money in less than an hour, now down over 5k.
    What killed me was my Broker's system (USAA) was down between 3:05 and 3:55 today. I use their touchline trader over the phone to make trades and could'nt get in,message kept saying service not available at this time and attempts by my wife on home pc yielded same results.What a helluva time to go down, is their any liability to them I am seeking to find out? By the time they got it back up just before close I had already been slaughtered.
    Still in with 9500 shares, looking for a better day tomorrow and possibly buying more to lower net cost per share, dang, what a delimma.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.