Weekly Stock Challenge 3/24/2006

Discussion in 'Weekly stock picking challenge' started by englishman26, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. englishman26

englishman26 Active Member won weekly contest 6x

Originally Posted by jacobnbr1

TAKE THE CHALLENGE! Winner gets a free hardcover copy of Conquer the Crash!

Pick a stock from $2.00 - $5.00 that trades no less than 100k shares daily volume that you think will go up in the next five days.

Select an entry price (like a market order), the stock must trade at that price within the next 5 days for your pick to be activated.

If the stock price gaps over or does not trade at that price during intraday swings you are not qualified.

The challenge plays till fridays close where I will calculate who won and post it on the thread.

The reward is yours to keep! The experience of fine tuning your ability to select a stock that is going to go higher. ( and that is cash in the bank for you) and of course bragging rights that you won..

Rules

1. stock priced between 2.00 - 5.00

2. volume of no less than 100k daily

3. entry price must be achieved during daily market 9:30 - 4:00 times (no pre market or after hour prices allowed)

4. no cramer picks from friday's show

5. one ticker per forum member

6. a ticker can be used once per challenge - if you want to use the same ticker for next week you must call it first after Friday's market close (4:00 est)

7. once an entry and ticker is selected and posted, there is no changing the entry or ticker.

8. entries for next challenge opens at Friday's market close (4:00 pm EST) and closes at midnight Sunday (12:00 pm EST)

(I'm starting a new thread to keep it under control. You can see last week's game here:
    http://www.cramersmadmoney.com/showthread.php?t=2429 )

Winner gets a free hardcover copy of Conquer the Crash!

2. InvestingMoron

InvestingMoron Member won weekly contest 2x

I like WFII at the open, s'il vous plait

3. Pinguin

Pinguin Member won weekly contest 5x

I'll take TKO at market open

4. mlegha1

mlegha1 Member won weekly contest 9x won feb/08 simulator won oct/08 simulator

I'll take WGRD at open

5. loslobos71

loslobos71 Member

cnxt at $3.1, palease

6. BigDawg291

BigDawg291 Member won weekly contest 2x won june/06 simulator

Ctic @ 2.00

7. aiki14

aiki14 Well-Known Member won april/06 simulator won weekly contest 13x won feb/07 simulator won jan/07 simulator won nov/06 simulator won mar/07 simulator

prz at 2.01

8. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

This pick doesn't qualify because of price. It closed at 1.96 on Fri. Sorry. :)

9. teno4212

teno4212 Member

GTE at open please

10. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

What to heck? Let's go catchin falling knives agin this coming week. My pick, formerly FWHT, now trades under da symbol MIVA. Currently well below all means of visible support. In fact, the last major support was at 4.65 so this one could go dumpster divin this week and it needs to since the OBV ainna near anywhere low enough to suit my tastes. Let's see if I can pick er up at da lower end of my entry tawget. No guts, no glory! MIVA @ 2.90 for the entire $6418 bankroll Bob! :)

11. chinaman711

chinaman711 Well-Known Member won weekly contest 4x

Ftgx

I'll take FTGX at the the open.

12. InvestingMoron

InvestingMoron Member won weekly contest 2x

I thought BigDawg291 could take CTIC as long as his entry was within the 2-5 range? Arbitration, please!

13. BigDawg291

BigDawg291 Member won weekly contest 2x won june/06 simulator

I thought so too, but that is okay if not. I can take DOC instead at 3.59.

14. englishman26

Yes - CTIC is fine with a $2 entry.

I'll take CWPC at $5.

15. ChronicDDL

ChronicDDL valued contributor won weekly contest 4x

16. NATHAN LLOYD

NATHAN LLOYD Active Member

SIRI @ open

17. the_menace

the_menace Member weekly contest winner

Vtss @ 3.40

18. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

OK, so you can play sub $2 dawgs as long as you enter them at $2 of higher, I did not know that! It opens up a whole new world of options fo me :) I also assume you can play a stock that closed Fri at say 5.05 as long as you enter it at $5 or less....is that correct?

19. englishman26

Correct.

20. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

If you read the rule and take it for what it says in a literral sense your stock must be priced between $2 and $5 to even qualify for entry. CTIC is not priced between $2 and $5 as of right now. I personally hope the rule is changed because then it brings stocks into the competition that are priced as low as $1 and as high as say $8 if you are good enough to be able to guage when a stock is going to mount a strong rally or a gapdown decline...of course that gives some fokes an advantage since they are able to do dat....not mentioning any names though. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.