Weekly Stock Challenge 2/24/06

Discussion in 'Weekly stock picking challenge' started by Thierry Martin, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

Originally Posted by jacobnbr1

TAKE THE CHALLENGE!

Pick a stock from $2.00 - $5.00 that trades no less than 100k shares daily volume that you think will go up in the next five days.

Select an entry price (like a market order), the stock must trade at that price within the next 5 days for your pick to be activated.

If the stock price gaps over or does not trade at that price during intraday swings you are not qualified.

The challenge plays till fridays close where I will calculate who won and post it on the thread.

The reward is yours to keep! The experience of fine tuning your ability to select a stock that is going to go higher. ( and that is cash in the bank for you) and of course bragging rights that you won..

Rules

1. stock priced between 2.00 - 5.00

2. volume of no less than 100k daily

3. entry price must be acheived during daily market 9:30 - 4:00 times (no pre market or after hour prices allowed)

4. no cramer picks from friday's show

5. one ticker per forum member

6. a ticker can be used once per challenge - if you want to use the same ticker for next week you must call it first after Friday's market close (4:00 est)

7. once an entry and ticker is selected and posted, there is no changing the entry or ticker.

8. entries for next challenge opens at Friday's market close (4:00 pm EST) and closes at midnight Sunday (12:00 pm EST)

(I'm starting a new thread to keep it under control. You can see the old one here:
    http://www.cramersmadmoney.com/showthread.php?t=1414 )

Last edited: Feb 18, 2006
  2. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

quoting this to keep it in the new thread

3. englishman26

englishman26 Active Member won weekly contest 6x

I'm happy to run it and add up the totals for a few weeks.

And I'll be having SGU at tuesday's open.

4. Thierry Martin

Copying post from last week

5. Thierry Martin

Thanks for the help englishman26!

6. xboilermaker

xboilermaker Member won weekly contest 2x

In the interest of clarity, can I pick YMI at the open? Close was at 4.97, but after hours was 5.02. If I pick at the open and it opens over 5.00, am I disqualified? If so, then I'll take YMI @ 5.00. Thanks e26.

7. jacobnbr1

jacobnbr1 Active Member won weekly contest 3x

xboiler: the stock must trade through the price you have picked. if you go with 5.00, the stock must trade at 5.00 during normal market hours some time during the week to be qualified for play. if it gaps over your entry you will be unqualified.

englishman26 thanks for helping me out sir. a little break is what i need.

i am not sure why we got the new thread? maybe for the date stamp?

8. Thierry Martin

The thread was 40 pages, and it was difficult for new visitors to know where the week's picks started without moving backward from the end of the thread. The plan is to start a new thread every week, so moving through the posts from the beginning will not take 2hours.

9. xboilermaker

It would also be simpler if everyone waited until after the final tally for the past week is posted before posting a pick for the coming week. Then, when jnbr1 or e26 goes to post the new entrants, it is not necessary to look back beyond final results from the previous week to find the new entries for the coming week.

10. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

I'm tryin ta figure out which one of these 3 stocks which are sitting on the "edge of high anxiety" iza gonna breakdown an givit to me, DCN, MOVI, or Cramer's Mad Money blunder RHEO. Can you imagine da poor sap that played RHEO as his Cramer suggested 20% of da portfolio speculation, and the same guy also owns any of these Cramer techs, AAPL, SNDK, INTC, YHOO, any 1 of these oil an gas pigs, GW, NBR, CHK, plus either WFMI, GOOG, or UARM, as long term plays? :) In the end you will see how and why Cramer falls outta favor, he was dead wrong about the homebuilders and their long term prospects, he'll be dead wrong about the energy plays next. I jist hope he stays away from the gold stocks other than to pump em near the top of their short to intermediate term cycle like he just started doin recently LOL Anywho, what to heck was I tawkin bout....oh yeah! me pick fo this week's race. Me guess I'll run wit DCN fo these reasons. It is already showing OBV of -3 million on the 10 day chawt. It put in a trend top on Fri at 4.24 and it closed at 4.23 so hopefully it jist needs to take out that high in order ta tumble. Plus the signal that launched this rally was half a$$ed backwards and it rallied when it should have fell which would have been bullish. The lowest major support is at 4.20. The highest at 4.30-4.25 gap. It's easy to see by looking at da 52 week low that fokes might panic since they may bees a thinkin that if it couldn't get its lazy butt off da flo an rally since its been languishing fo 2 weeks, maybe panic will set in if da 52 week low goes away. I luvs panic in da moanin! or even in da attanoon! So dat be what I bees thinkin, but of course I'm an idiot and there be no way DCN hits me entry price fo da race this coming week. I'll put $9864 on DCN at 2.75, that's jist off da bottom of me entry range of 2.65 to 2.95, which could actually prove ta be DA BOTTOM. *-) Of course that -3 million of OBV could unwind and send this thing skyward on a premie, we shall see :)

11. englishman26

Let me get this straight Boo. You want to play DCN with a 2.75 entry (next week!) even though it closed friday at 4.23??

XB - I don't think there's anything in the rules that procludes just asking for the opening price on tuesday morning. Or is there??? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

12. InvestingMoron

InvestingMoron Member won weekly contest 2x

I have bought in the past two weeks at the current price (i.e.- the open price on the first morning).

13. InvestingMoron

InvestingMoron Member won weekly contest 2x

RITT at current price for the week of 2/21.

14. jacobnbr1

jacobnbr1 Active Member won weekly contest 3x

if a guy wants to buy the open i normally just give him the open price as long as it is not ralling from the go. if it gaps up/down then that is where he/she is filled. but on xboiler's pick it needs to open at 5.00 or it will be too high in price as the rules state.

and boooyahoo does ramble on about his picks, but if you normally look to the bottom and see " i am wagering" ( some odd number of money) at ( some unrealistic low price ) that is what he is playing.. bwaaaaahahahahahahahahaha--hahahahahahah. lol, jk booo. don't be mad at me.

15. englishman26

Good summary jacob!

16. xboilermaker

YMI @ 5.00, just to clear everything up. Then if it opens higher, there's still a good chance it come back in at some time. If it doesn't then I'll be wondering "ymi" in this stock.

17. englishman26

Please no one laugh at XB's jokes. It's not fair to him to allow him to go through life thinking he's funny. He needs to hear the truth.

18. teno4212

teno4212 Member

Hey can I have UDSG @ 3.64? Thanks

19. BigDawg291

BigDawg291 Member won weekly contest 2x won june/06 simulator

I want DOC @ 3.90.

20. the_menace

the_menace Member weekly contest winner

RHEO @ $3.65 for me next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.