Weekly Stock Challenge - 1/13/2014-1/17/2014

Discussion in 'Weekly stock picking challenge' started by Thierry Martin, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

OnlineTradersForum.com Stock Picking Challenge

Pick the highest percentage mover and your win will be recorded next to your name in the forum.

Choose any stock that trades in the US market that closed at $2.00 or over with at least 100,000 share volume as of the Friday close before the contest starts on Monday.

Your entry price will be the market open price on Monday.

If trading is halted for your pick at the market open on the first day of the contest or at the market close on the last day of the contest your pick is disqualified. The stock must be buyable at the market open and sellable at the market close at the end of the week, on Friday.

Your pick must be unique. First poster to make a pick gets it. You may choose the same stock as another player, however not the same position.

A brief rationale for your pick makes the contest more fun.

2. main1event

main1event Member weekly contest winner

I'm going to with ICPT short - Another high flyer for good reason but way ahead of itself here. Looking for another 20 to 30% pullback by Friday.

3. geojad

geojad Member won weekly contest 53x won penny contest 91x simulator winner 11x

ARNA ~~~ long

4. capaxone

capaxone Member weekly contest winner won nov/13 simulator won 2015 simulator 1x

Cnyd short

5. WolfOfWallStreet

WolfOfWallStreet Member won weekly contest 20x

6. aahepp

aahepp Member won penny contest 25x won weekly contest 18x

ECYT - Long

7. Technical Alchemist

Technical Alchemist forum leader won penny contest 13x won weekly contest 12x

SNDK long.

Supply disruptions likely to keep NAND memory supply tight

8. Andrew Hanlond

Andrew Hanlond New Member

CNAT short.

9. Doodman

Doodman Member won penny contest 7x won weekly contest 3x

STV short.

10. main1event

Interesting picks guys. I like that CNAT short but that STV looks like it might be a long to me. Many of those chinese TV and media companies are taking off. Even The Street.com TST is looking very interesting. They might be a short term pullback, but I think they are going higher.

11. jocker

jocker Member won penny contest 5x won weekly contest 5x

GURE long 50 MA is flat and MACD with buy signal

12. Actuary

Actuary New Member

F long, with the detroit auto show this week -- qualitative judgement.

Edit: I'm also liking the ICPT short, took this position last week, passed up the +/- 425 low just before closing on Friday.

13. Blaine Tarr

Blaine Tarr forum leader won penny contest 24x won weekly contest 20x

OXBT - long

14. blazer

blazer Member won penny contest 14x won weekly contest 3x won 2014 simulator 2x

LOCK long

15. SwingKing22

SwingKing22 Member weekly contest winner

XXII - Long

16. Kenpolean

Kenpolean Member won penny contest 2x won weekly contest 6x

Consider the hit they took this week, I'm gonna pick what is probably a loooooongshot.

CHTP - long

17. Acstudio

Acstudio Well-Known Member won penny contest 44x won weekly contest 40x won weekly contest 41x simulator winner 20x

PLUG Short

‚Äč

18. Respect

Respect Member won weekly contest 5x

IDRA short. Lots of shorts this week, hmmmm....

19. Deathdealers747

Deathdealers747 Member weekly contest winner

Even though I'm pretty sure that Blaine won this week due to his nice pick, I'm choosing the closest that I could find to match his pick.

VNDA - Long.

If it breaks the 12.75 and the 13.00 marks, then it has potential to go to 14 as a close, then potential to go to 15.00 as a close the next day (if it breaks 14.00).

20. main1event

Scratch my ICPT short, its already dropped over 100 points in pre-market. Lets go with LITB long

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.