weekly challenge YTD standings

Discussion in 'Weekly stock picking challenge' started by Florida, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Florida

Florida Member won weekly contest 10x won aug/08 simulator won apr/08 simulator won jan/09 simulator

Per an astute traders suggestion, I am starting a new thread to show the YTD standings in the weekly challenge. Through the contest ending 7-25-08, the following are the top players:

Wallstreetsedge stays in 1st with 151%

englishman26 stays in 2nd with 123.2%

aiki14 stays in 3rd with 122.9%

MrSer moves in 4th with the big win this week at 96%

Thechartguru drops to 5th with 89%

As I have stated before, this includes only those players that have played at least 10 of the past 20 weeks

2. Supreona

Supreona Member weekly contest winner

I may not be the astute trader you're referring to, but I do recall recommending you do this a while back. Anywayz, good move.

3. Florida

Florida Member won weekly contest 10x won aug/08 simulator won apr/08 simulator won jan/09 simulator

through week ending 8-8-08

wallstreetsedge remains in 1st at 173%

englishman26 still in 2nd with 129%

aiki14 in third at 122%

Thechartguru moves up one to 4th at 95%

Pinquin moves back into the top five with 86%

4. Florida

YTD through the contest ending 8-22-08

wallstreetsedge remains in 1st with 174%

englishman26 stays in 2nd with 136%

thechartguru moves up 1 position to 3rd with 115%

aiki14 drops 1 spot to 4th with 115%

Florida moves back into the top 5 with 78%

(Note: ZaNoob with the big win this week actually is at 109%, but has only played a total of 8 weeks so far, so does not qualify for the YTD standings. If the momentum that ZaNoob has keeps up, look out to all of you guys in the top 5. ZaNoob will qualify for the YTD standings with the next post in 2 weeks)

By the way, if anyone is interested in their standing YTD, you can PM me

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  5. wallstreetsedge

wallstreetsedge Active Member won weekly contest 2x

hmm it looks like im barely moving... im goinna have to start getting more aggressive with my picks to lengthen the distance :p

6. englishman26

englishman26 Active Member won weekly contest 6x

Thanks again for keeping score, Florida. :beerglass:

7. krazykowboy

krazykowboy Member weekly contest winner

Hmmmmm !!

8. aiki14

aiki14 Well-Known Member won april/06 simulator won weekly contest 13x won feb/07 simulator won jan/07 simulator won nov/06 simulator won mar/07 simulator

Look who's checking in! Nice to know you're still out there. Hope all is well.

9. englishman26

wow it;'s you!!

We have an outstanding bet - and I won! It took 3 years to resolve itself but resolve itself it did. Do you remember???

10. Florida

everyone in the previous top 5 stayed in the same position over the past 2 weeks, just minor moves up in percentage totals for positions 3 through 5, a 5% move down in total YTD percentage for position 1, and position 2 stayed the same, as they did not play in the past 2 weeks,

YTD standings, through week ending 9-5-08

(includes only those that have played at least 10 of the past 20 weeks)

1st, Wallstreetsedge with 165%

2nd, englishman26 with 136%

3rd, thechartguru with 130%

4th, aiki14 with 121%

and last, but certainly not least, Florida with 82%

notable mentions go to,

pinquin with 71%

mrser with 69 %

jmarkd59 with 53%

11. aiki14

aiki14 Well-Known Member won april/06 simulator won weekly contest 13x won feb/07 simulator won jan/07 simulator won nov/06 simulator won mar/07 simulator

Hey Florida, you gonna still keep updating this now that WSE has been banned? I think I nipped him on the last week he was able to participate so at least the results have a little validity, but I was really looking forward to seeing if I could beat him fair and square over a years results.
    After my miserable defeat at the hands (claws? pincers?) of a robot earlier this year, beating as good a trader as I have seen would have been very beneficial to my ego.

12. Florida

WSE's status, or anyone's status has nothing to do with my planned updates. I will continue to update every other week. WSE will remain on the update until he drops out of the top 5, or until he does not meet the criteria of trading 10 out of the past 20 weeks.

13. Albert0373

Albert0373 forum leader won weekly contest 8x won sept/07 simulator won feb/09 simulator won july/08 simulator won oct/07 simulator won june/08 simulator

WSE got banned?

Dang, I missed that! :D

14. englishman26

Yeah what happened there!?

15. reef

reef Member won weekly contest 7x won aug/06 simulator won dec/07 simulator

Thats wierd that he would get banned. I wonder if there was a conflict of interest or something with his site.

16. Florida

update of Y.T.D. results through game ending 9-19-08

1st, wallstreetsedge with 169%

2nd, aiki14 with 166%

3rd, englishman26 with 146%

4th, BamaNation with 126%

5th, Florida with 98%

As always, the YTD results include only those that have played at least 10 of the past 20 weeks

17. englishman26

How many people does that actually include?

18. Florida

for the past period, there are 22 that have played at least 10 of the past 20 weeks.

19. englishman26

thanks!

20. Florida

YTD results through 10-3-08, those that have played at least 10 of the past 20 weeks:

a new first place player,

englishman26 in 1st with 538%

wallstreetsedge drops to 2nd with 169%

aiki14 drops down to 3rd with 160%

bama nation stays in 4th with 118%

florida stays in 5th with 108%

A question was asked earlier in the week about the highest % 2nd place in any given week. That would be for this year aiki14's 61% for the week of 9-12, 2nd to none9999's 81% win for that week.

Another question popped into my mind when I teased englishman26 about dropping the highest and lowest weeks for each player when computing the YTD standings. If we were to do that, the YTD results would be:

englishman26 in 1st with 160%

aiki14 in 2nd with 124%

wallstreetsedge with 120%

florida with 116%

pinquin with 51%

(wayyyy to much time on my hands this morning)