Week of 5/15/17: "Clawbacks" when Retiring Extremely Okay

Discussion in 'Off topic - humor, oddities, videos, politics' started by zyzzyva57, May 19, 2017.

1. zyzzyva57

zyzzyva57 Active Member

Great week for Cramer! He got to drool over his favorite CEO on Thursday

I am reading 2 books this week: The Quest for a Simple Life (FREE) and The Owner’s Manual for the Brain (dirt cheap as a Kindle read)…. The latter puts together the latest on our brain, particularly memory and learning... Do as I did before purchasing: got my library to borrow a copy (inter library loan program) so I could “test drive” the book, and I liked what I read—this book is not for a quick read! Worth the effort and $11 cost!

Just watch another season of “Sherlock” on Netflix—a shout-out to the scumbags of the BBC for turning Sherlock Holmes into a total, illogical superhero smelly hunk of claptrap! SHAME ON YOU! What a pompous, shameless production—What next? Sherlock Holmes confronts the Walking Dead? Vampires?

Quick Memo to Sean H. & Rush L.: Be alert to “falls”they can be deadly!....

What tha Hell, a little of Regressing back to the Mean among friends, aka, This Time ain’t Different…
    1. What could cause an issue for Amazon? Buffett’s pal Charlie Munger’s big thing is Invert—that is, turn an idea upside down. So, what if the owner of the Washington Post, Jeff Bezos, ticks off Trump enough he brings the anti-trust division down on Amazon? Trump will soon have enough Federal judges and bureaucrats to back him up—if, if he has the balls, which he seems of late to be lacking with the way he lets his opposition slide—other than just verbally jousting with the opposition…. What if, if, say, Europe does a “Microsoft” or “Google” attack against Amazon?... As much as I like Amazon, it is a ripe target for breaking up…. Retail would applaud--certainly the Big Other Dog in this scuffle: Walmart….
    2. Suppose all these games are Teenage Games of Playing Chicken with fighters rather than cars results in a crash?...
    3. What could be more major than all this impeaching Trump jabber by the mainstream press? Hm, say, hackers get into the North Korea Rube Goldberg nuclear and rocket program, causing a dirty nuke to go off--Imagine a cloud of Nuclear junk floating around the world--WANT SOME REAL GLOBAL WARMING?!…. Remember the Time Travel thing about going back to kill Hitler? In a few years will the question be going back in time to now to assassinate North Korea’s Kim Jong-un Kim before one of his dirty nukes explodes?..
    Retiring Extremely Okay is understanding this about insurance: Clawbacks....This is the government going after your estate--regardless if it is modest--to get back medical expenses you incur with a horrific medical situation... Talk to a CPA ASAP if you or a family member become super ill, because moving around assets can be tricky vis-a-vis the government--doing this too soon can be construed as fraud...

New pets are available at your local animal shelter, and these unwanted can really help in retiring extremely okay....