Transferring assets during high volatility

Discussion in 'Learn how to trade or invest by asking questions' started by kcroyalsfan, Feb 5, 2018.

  1. kcroyalsfan

    kcroyalsfan New Member

    I have already made the decision to move my Roth out of Ameriprise and into Betterment (I could list the reasons why, but that has nothing to do with my question). My question is, should I wait until things calm down before moving it, or should I just go ahead and do it in spite of the big losses of the last couple days? I'll be selling at a lot lower level than I would have a week ago, but then again, I'll be buying into the betterment portfolio at a lower level than a week ago as well.

    I'm inclined to just go ahead and do it - I'll be moving from a couple of mutual funds (Franklin Growth & Templeton Global) to a mix of 90% stocks and 10% bonds at betterment, if that makes any difference.

    Thanks,
     

Share This Page