The Week of 11/7/16: Knock, Knock....Hard Knock U calling....

Discussion in 'Off topic - humor, oddities, videos, politics' started by zyzzyva57, Nov 12, 2016.

1. zyzzyva57

zyzzyva57 Active Member

OHMYGAWD! What happened? We, we found whores in a whorehouses! The mainstream press this presidential cycle moved into total--total--editorial page. SHAMEFUL! Thank you Wikileaks, and now move into watching Trump, congress, and the Supreme Court jesters. And yes, I remain a Trumpster, BUT I WANT THE DC SWAMP MONITORED, BECAUSE WE NO LONGER HAVE A PRESS....

What lessons can we learn from the November 8th debacle?

To understand how excellent polling can be done, let's for this Thought Experiment look at the weather service and airlines….

First, neither have a preconceived notion of what should be successful other than being successful in predicting enough we can bet on what each offers: if the weather service predicts rain in 3 days, we would do well to count on rain, while if Delta finds a bad readout in plane X, Delta will lose money to ground the plane--Delta will not go into illogical (and illegal) playing with the math to have the grounded airline fly….
    In the last election, most of the big time polling services bought into Clinton so much so they "cooked the logic"--Which if Delta did and a plane crashed, all hell would be to pay--By the same token, if the weather service was found to have "cooked its data" for some major hotel chain, heads would roll at the weather service--With the political polling companies--NO HEADS WILL ROLL FOR "COOKING" THE MATH!

The weather service and Delta want 365, 24/7, monitoring and as close as money will buy a three-hundred and sixty degree view of EVERYTHING…. The new GE is betting the farm on providing technology to COMPLETELY monitor such things as its jet engines…. Political polling units this last time only gave lip service to do a COMPLETE, CONSTANT monitoring…. Data should drive decisions, rather than decisions (our clients want Hillary) driving the data (collection)….

Another point with the weather service and Delta wanting 365, 24/7, and as close as money will buy a three-hundred and sixty degree view of EVERYTHING is both will do all that is possible to find holes and gaps in their data collection and filled this ASAP, legitimately--Polling services will not be inclined to do this, because soon the mainstream press will be pushing Michelle, My Belle, in 2020--The polling service NOT confirming her "strength" will lose a valuable contract with a mainstream news service….

The mainstream are now saying they will put more news bureaus in Fly Over Country, but why?
    By this time next year, this herd will be churning data to push Michelle, My Belle, in 2020 with the result in 2020 the polling services will again be misreading the data; or certainly, the mainstream data will be picking and choosing data for the Michelle push…. Even fancied up, Garbage In is STILL Garbage Out!!!!!!

One easy trick to see how someone thinks is frame the question this way: "How are your neighbors voting on/for <who or whatever>? People can feel safe reviling how they feel on an issue--which they did not with Trump (and rightfully so)….

Invert, Always Invert! Inside/Out & Upside down is turn A = B to B = A to see IF A does equal B….
    Turn A and B upside down….For example, I dislike Apple stock (the company is too tied to the iPhone, etc.), BUT I need to "flip" the company and consider suppose Trump gets passed a change in the tax law to allow huge companies such as Apple to bring home their huge overseas cash stash (repatriation)--2017 could be a big year for Apple with its "Steve Jobs" anniversary iteration of the iPhone, etc.….
    With polls, a beginning question for them to invert should have been why isn't Hillary's Trump attacks failing to quench all those almost ad hoc huge, huge rallies?! What are we missing?! Inverting can counter pareidolia….

WE ALL ARE HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT: To understand Trump, review these comments below from his book "The Art of the Deal" written when he was 27….The words (names) have changed, but NOT the words…..Your library should have a copy, or get you a copy from another library with its Inter Library Loan program….
    Imagine if just someone in the mainstream media had bothered to read this short book?! With investing, this would be tantamount LEGALLY getting the inside playbook of your favorite company….
    With Trump, from this book, you can discern he will NATURALLY lean to anything involving building and construction (his natural Baseline)--Remember, Buffett goes with what he knows…..
    Trump will not be liberal or conservative, Democrat or Republican, but The Art of the Deal is getting something ok'd and built--regardless who the person is! At 70, he is still of his 27 year old mindset--THIS SHOULD HAVE SCREAMED TO THE POLLSTERS, AND NOW TO THE MAINSTREAM PRESS IF THEY REALLY WANT TO UNDERSTAND TRUMP!...
    IF YOU CAN LEGALLY GET INTEL, USE IT, DAMNIT! With the internet, you can easily scour for FREE intel, for example…. As you find stuff, use the tips above to filter and sort the intel….
    Go with good data, constantly updating the data, and CHANGE YOUR EFFING MIND WHEN THE DATA CHANGES!...
    Avoid becoming locked in and locked down ("Hillary-rized), and be bold about this….I like what Trump represents; however, I remain an agnostic, e.g., I want Wikileaks to track him to force him to remain as true to his words as possible….

2. zyzzyva57

zyzzyva57 Active Member

Quotes from the book "The Art of the Deal"

• “I don’t do it for the money. I’ve got enough, much more than I’ll ever need. I do it to do it. Deals are my art form.”
    • “My style of deal-making is quite simple and straightforward. I aim very high, and then I just keep pushing and pushing and pushing to get what I’m after. Sometimes I settle for less than I sought, but in most cases I still end up with what I want.”
    • “People think I’m a gambler. I’ve never gambled in my life. To me, a gambler is someone who plays slot machines. I prefer to own slot machines. It’s a very good business being the house.”
    • “I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present. That’s where the fun is. And if it can’t be fun, what’s the point?”
    • “To me it’s very simple: if you’re going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big.”
    • “I also protect myself by being flexible. I never get too attached to one deal or one approach.”
    • “One of the problems when you become successful is that jealousy and envy inevitably follow. There are people - I categorize them as life’s losers - who get their sense of accomplishment and achievement from trying to stop others.”
    • “I don’t spend a lot of time worrying about what I should have done differently, or what’s going to happen next.”
    • “I never had a master plan. I just got fed up one day and decided to do something about it.”
    • “The biggest challenge I see over the next 20 years is to figure out some creative ways to give back some of what I’ve gotten.”
    • “In my life, there are two things I’ve found I’m very good at: overcoming obstacles and motivating good people to do their best work.”
    Additional homework for a Thought Experiment

To get a flavor of all this logic, take a look at these Lessons In Measurement And Attribution From World War II….