some basic questions

Discussion in 'Learn how to trade or invest by asking questions' started by tarik, Jan 20, 2008.

1. tarik

tarik New Member

hi everyone im new to all this trading and am currently just getting my accounts all setup at the moment etc. was just wondering what websites/programs (if any) that you always have open on your pc during your trading hours.

2. Maverick_Investor

Maverick_Investor New Member

That's not basic! That's a pretty important question!

For me, it's the following...

My e-signal charting package (though you can start off with BigCharts, which is free)

OptionsXpress, my options and stock trading platform (though I'm considering a move to Think or Swim).

And IG Index for spread-betting on currencies and commodities (though if you're in the States, I think your government made this an illegal practice there. Probably because it's tax-free :biggrin:)

Oh, and I also use Dynamic Trader 5.0 for currrency charts sometimes, though e-Signal largely makes this irrelevant now.

Bear in mind I'm a full-time investor. You can get started with BigCharts, Yahoo! Finance and an online trading platform, no problem at all.

Let me know if I can be of any further help.

3. tarik

tarik New Member

no thats really helpful! i actually thought it be quite a basic question! im based in the uk. by kingdom of northumbria u mean tyne n wear area? im just down the road in county durham!

4. MaryKay1965

MaryKay1965 Member

hmmmmmm.....so is the headquarters for DoublingStocks.......could it be???
    Nah......just a coincidence ;)