Question: Small Amounts of Money For Learning?

Discussion in 'Learn how to trade or invest by asking questions' started by Bernie Swagner, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Bernie Swagner

Bernie Swagner New Member

Hello,
    I'm just starting to learn how the Stock Market works and different buying/selling techniques. I was wondering if I could start selling/buying with around $40(Penny Stocks of course)? I want to learn how to make some profit on a smaller scale before I go bigger scale with a couple thousand dollars. If I can, any suggestions on Brokers for Penny Stocks? Also, if anyone could link me any learning resources to better further my knowledge.

Sincerely,
    Bernie

2. Acstudio

Acstudio Well-Known Member won penny contest 44x won weekly contest 40x won weekly contest 41x simulator winner 20x

Penny stocks will not teach you much about how the stock market works...they are a different animal altogether. You can set up an account w/ TDAmeritrade for free and use their Thinkorswim platform for some experience in real time paper trading. It helps a lot to learn how to get into and out of positions. I have learned more about how the stock market works by watching Tastytrade.com. They archive everything and it's all free. Especially watch Tom and Tony in the morning if you want to see how some real traders trade.

3. rynev33

rynev33 Member weekly contest winner