Need help or your opinion

Discussion in 'Learn how to trade or invest by asking questions' started by Joe Ethier, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Joe Ethier

Joe Ethier New Member

[​IMG]
    Hey there, We're doing at school a 1 month investing simulation in both canadian and american market and i need more help. I got good bases in the domain and i read some books about it but i just want to be sure and get more tricks to be better. Can you tell me which one would you pick in short term(1 month) and why?
    Here are the choices. (up there) And don't mind about what I underline or wrote beside
    I dont want you to do all the job for me but just give me some help or tricks!
    Thanks

2. Acstudio

Acstudio Well-Known Member won penny contest 44x won weekly contest 40x won weekly contest 41x simulator winner 20x

Pick the ones with the highest implied volatility for the time frame you are working in. When choosing between several choose the one that is beat down the most.

Also...

Pick the one that has had the biggest recent runup and short it. For winning contests the best strategy is to take shots on high implied volatility and fade any big moves.

3. Acstudio

Acstudio Well-Known Member won penny contest 44x won weekly contest 40x won weekly contest 41x simulator winner 20x

Whoever put together that list prob should not be teaching investing. All they have done is indexed company stocks. Where is TLT or GLD or EEM (no bonds or commodities or anything...very unrealistic) They should at least have choices that aren't all correlated to the S/P so heavily.