My 2 plays for next week

Discussion in 'Stock picks and trading strategies' started by BOOOYAHOOO!, Oct 22, 2005.

1. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

I think these will generate 50%+ gains from my entry targets. If they hit my entry targets this week. They may also base at these targets before running higher so ya might gotsta be patient. They could actually be final bottom calls, which makes them great long term holds besides. :D

IMNR buy at .25 for a rally to .37 minimum.
    FLYI buy at .17 for a rally to .26 minimum.

2. Bluth Company

Bluth Company New Member

You're making money off of fractional-digit midgets? I looked into penny stocks, since they're alluring for the cash strapped investor; I came to the following conclusions: volatility is high, and liquidity is too low to guarantee safe exit. You could strike it big in penny stocks, but it's far, far too speculative to play safely. Anyone disagree?

3. englishman26

englishman26 Active Member won weekly contest 6x

I agree - thanks, but no thanks.

4. xboilermaker

xboilermaker Member won weekly contest 2x

If you're looking for disagreements, you won't find one here. But after reading the boigraphies of the members of this forum, I seem to be about the least "astute" investor here. Maybe that's why these things scare me so. This is just a $40,000 hobby for me, and I get enough excitement betting on mainstream stocks. But then, maybe that is why I am now back to being only 5% up. But good luck to everyone brave enough to enter there.

5. englishman26

It sounds like we're very similar xb!

6. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

Bluth, I would not suggest these sub 1.00 plays to anyone who does not have an expert feel for technical analysis. Most people who trade stocks only jump in when the price is rallying and that strategy could get you killed with the pennies. Many of them take 20%+ swings in a single trading session. The fact is that properly played penny stocks are the best place to look for long term gains however. It is also a fact that many of the stocks that you may prefer that are now trading above 5.00 are destined to be sub 1.00 stocks someday. There really is no difference between a penny stock and a $50 stock. There is a complete cycle to every stock in every price range. The cycle begins when nobody wants them and says you shouldn't buy them, and it runs to the point where everyone wants in at any price, like many of Jim Cramer's Mad Money plays for instance. :D Your opinion is the general consensus on the penny stocks I would say. I personally like buying negative sentiment and selling positive sentiment. But that's just me. I don't know what you meant when you said you "looked into" penny stocks, but everything you said after that statement is incorrect except that volatility is high. :D But there are plenty of penny stocks that will find a bidder and those are the ones I would stick with. Avoid the ones with the big bid/asked spreads like CAFE for instance. Unless you are good! reeeeeeal good. :D

7. jacobnbr1

jacobnbr1 Active Member won weekly contest 3x

i bought zenx.ob when the katrina hit land, i found out who works for fema and who would get $$$. you can see the power in it if you had bought near the base. think about it. i didnt buy until the stock started showing some movement but, when the pr hit you couldnt catch it. now the question i have for myself is will it go higher or will it receed back to the lower level again. it seems to be buiding some preasure here so i wait.
    i think there are many penny stocks that will go much higher and some that will go sideways for years, that is where dd and ta comes in. you cannot expect to get results guessing. and i never buy a stock that is being hyped by some type of marketing company. furthermore, you only need to use a portion of you porfolio for these not all.

8. eman316

eman316 Member

Booo,
    I know you said these could be great long term plays, but do you see them going up short term as well, for those of us that dont want to hold these for too long?
    Would the entry points still be the same?

9. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

When they hit my entry targets you can buy, then take your profit at the first resistance points I mentioned but hold a couple hundred shares. just in case I'm right! :lol: Here are a couple more that are setting up nicely based on this morning's trading. CNLG, buy at .75, first major resistance at 1.15. INFO, buy at .35, first resistance at .45. And one that others brought to my attention here. NEXM, but at .85, first resistance at 1.30.

10. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

FLYI recieved a delisting notice today. I am now changing my outlook to don't buy until the delist takes place. Fokes usually dump on news like that so I'll wait to see how it settles out. My open buy limit would have been at .17 so no damage done. It may still hold the .17 area but as of right now .18 efinitely needs to go.

11. eman316

eman316 Member

BOOO,
    Thanks for the update. I am keeping this on my watchlist.
    I will wait until you think it is safe to pull the trigger.
    Thanks

12. englishman26

So did you sell INMR at .38? Up 11%

Your delisting stock down 11%

Evens for the day. Most of fthe stock market did a lot better. Maybe you could just play Cramer's picks instead. :wink:

13. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

Lemme see englishman, maybe I'll just go ahead and pay closer attention to what I actually said. So lemme go back and read what I said about both FLYI and IMNR all over again. You might want to do the same cause I doan think I said what you said I said. :wink: And I am playing Cramer's picks. I got me buddy Jacob into AAPl at the tippy top as a short. He's gonna ride it down to 25.00. I personally am short Cramer's energy sector. :D

14. englishman26

You're right - you won't have bought flyi yet. Maybe buy some refco at the same time.

As for AAPL - as my rowing coach used to say: "Assumption is the mother of all f*** ups!"

Good luck!

15. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

Refco huh? What's the new trading symbol while it's in BK? I do like DPHIQ at .15! :lol: BOOOYAHOOO once said, "Why wait around for an overpriced pig like AAPL to give you a butt whoopin?, buy a penny dawg, take yer 50%+ gain and get out!" Of course you may want to hold onto a small tad since my picks are like gifts that keep on giving! And yes....I will still be there for you to pick you out of the smoking ruins that will be CHK when all is said and done. Keep that crash helmut handy! Cramer was just on CNBC toutin the energy pigs! I hope you know what that means. :D

16. jacobnbr1

jacobnbr1 Active Member won weekly contest 3x

update-update-update-update-update-update-update-update-update

i am currently short chk... got a scraping of a deal on short trade and i took it :D i can see me now. wind in my hair, driving my new beemer, booyahoo on my side, riding off to ruth's chris steak house to meet with cramer to give him his cut :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

17. eman316

eman316 Member

BOO,
    We are rapidly approaching .17 on FLYI.
    Just wanted to make sure all systems were a go here once we knock out .18.
    Thanks

18. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

I changed my opinion on FLYI and posted about it yesterday. You may want to read all of my commentary if you are planning on following along with me in the future. I should have a new outlook before the day is out though. It definitely would not be a buy today. I am now looking at personally entering one or both of my favorite long term sectors, homeland security and/or gold stocks. My HS play is CNLG at .75-.80, somehwere in there, and my gold play is KRY with a limit buy at .90.

19. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

FLYI now at .18 and setting a new trend low. It could turn right now and run to .26 but it would be a big gamble to buy it. If it trades lower than .18 without rallying first it will probably be trapped by .18. So my advice is to not buy if it trades to .17, but you can buy here at .18 and hope it rallies. feelin lucky? :D If it does rally from .18 my long term buy entry will be .12. If it goes lower from here I will lower my entry target accordingly. This stuff ain't that hard, ya think? :lol: My CNLG is on the brink of signaling buy as it trades at .95, when the buy signal comes in you will recognize it because it will do one of 2 things. It'll rally through 1.00, that's bad. Or it will selloff to a new low, that's good! Hold on a second BOOOYAHOOO! Why would it be good if it sells off after a buy signal?! That doesn't make sense!......... Thaaaaaaas right! I just told you this stuff ain't easy! Well maybe a little easier than brain surgery. I still gots da scars from that debacle! :lol:

20. BOOOYAHOOO!

BOOOYAHOOO! banned

Oooops, one more, SGU. I'm still tryin to figure this thing out. It traded to 1.55 which is .05 within my 1.65-1.50 buy range. Yet another move down from the current 1.64 would put it into sell mode. But there is nothing on the chart that says the 1.55 low needs to go. Times like this make me want to avoid. Perhaps the coming salamie in the natgas sector as a whole will make it give a little clearer signal so I'll wait. There's always IVAN when it gets down below 1.10. That one is sending up some clearer smoke signals.