Meet the posters / Introduce yourself

Discussion in 'Forum information and help' started by englishman26, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Rksalinas

Rksalinas New Member

Hello everyone

I hope I can learn a little and get some advice down the road. 3 years ago I didn't have a clue what a fall in DOW or NASDEQ points really mean't. Now after having a small portfolio, I know too well what that means. I hope I can gain my confidence back and learn something from this forum.

Richard S
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. Doodman

Doodman Member won weekly contest 3x won penny contest 7x

Re: Hello everyone

Welcome to the forum Richard. I also remember hearing about DJI and NASDAQ in the news and not knowing what the heck they were talking about. At least they weren't talking about the usual murders and kidnappings.
  3. Rksalinas

Rksalinas New Member

Re: Hello everyone

Thanks Doodman. It probably would be a good start for me to get my acronyms correct it appears.
  4. Jon90

Jon90 New Member

It is I...

Hello,
    The name is Jon. I am in college for accounting. I do not know much about investing or trading, so don't expect too much input from me, but I have been reading a lot about it. I just started reading up on stock futures. Pretty much looking to turn this into a hobby once i have some money for it.

I will be creeping around this forum, reading as much as possible and reading peoples opinions on the economy. always interests me what people have to say and the evidence they provide. so... that is all.

-Jon
  5. SammyA

SammyA New Member

Newbie here!

Hey guys! I am Samantha Anderson who have previously registered at your forum. I am currently taking my vacation here at Boracay Beach. Have you been there? I love this sunny day. Well, I have my free time today to write blogs. If you will ask me, yes, I love writing and it is my way of expressing myself. If you want to know more about me, just give a private message at my wall. Thanks for letting me here! ;)
  6. PopV

PopV New Member

Ready or not...

I am sick of fees sucking up my returns. Ready to go it alone with a discount broker. Wish me luck.
  7. Technical Alchemist

Technical Alchemist forum leader won penny contest 13x won weekly contest 12x

Re: Ready or not...

Which broker did you choose?
  8. PopV

PopV New Member

Re: Ready or not...

Leaning towards Scottrade. Might go to a fee only CFP just to confirm the thought.
  9. treble1055

treble1055 New Member

Re: Hi All

Do you go to Iowa?
  10. LearnBonds

LearnBonds New Member

Hi All

Hi Guys and Gals,

New to the forum and looking forward to participating. If there is any information I can share about the bond market in particular please ask.

Thanks
    Marc
    http://www.learnbonds.com
  11. hardcoreCAP

hardcoreCAP New Member

Hello all

26yo paramedic here. figured I'd learn something new, stocks allow me to check in and modify while on shift so i decided to learn the market. so far i've learned that being younger allows me to learn the hard way without destroying my retirement and the system is key to success. right now i'm more of a technical guy..love looking at charts and making predictions. on the other end i'm learning the power of fundamental analysis so eventually i see myself as a 50/50 between the two. looking to learn a lot of wisdom from the forums. have a nice monday. :D
  12. donna9

donna9 New Member

Hey!

Hi and Hey! Stumbled onto this forum and glad to see it is active. Other sites are abandoned.
  13. Behaviouralinvestor

Behaviouralinvestor New Member

Hello Everyone

Hi there,

I'm a long term value investor leveraging on behavioural economics for my strategies. I am also a finance professional and qualified accountant living and working in London. Feel free to ask any questions about behavioural approaches to investing, understanding companies annual reports / financial statements / prospectuses.

The forum looks interesting, and i've already read some great (and not so great) stuff. Hopefully I will have something of use to add.

Oh, and check out my blog. It's relatively new but hope to put more stuff up there as and when.
  14. AwesumWill

AwesumWill New Member

hi

hello!
    I am new here.
  15. benney

benney New Member

Re: hi

Hello friends,
    I am new here, I am here to learn about finance and found that it is great source of knowledge. Hope to get more help by you guys.
    I am happy to join here. Have a nice time.
  16. docajay

docajay New Member

Hello from BELIZE

Hey guys
    I just got into day trading and I have been figuring out my way through the maze of "buy/sell/hold/dump/i just lost my rent money" ordeal. I actually joined up as I was hoping I can get help. I recently bought TPX (Tempur-Pedic) and I read the following
    "aid it is actively buying back its own shares, a disclosure that comes just days after the company's warning on rising competition in the mattress industry sparked a dramatic selloff in the stock. The mattress maker said it had $200 million still available under an existing share repurchase program to put toward buying back its own shares. "
    What does that mean? Did they tank the stock to buy it back cheaper? They buying it back to boost confidence? This has me slightly concerned.
    Thanks for helping
    :confused2:

Ajay
  17. Stock Certified

Stock Certified New Member

Hello from Stock Certified!

Hi! I have been trading for many years, but just found this forum so I thought I'd stop by and say hello. I trade for a living, and buy and sell microcaps almost exclusively. I love the thrill of looking for the next Apple or Google, and the excitement that comes when a stock I've purchased runs up a thousand percent... in short, it is a fun way to make a living-- once you know the rules and why to follow them:)
  18. Stockato

Stockato New Member

Re: Hello, my name is Uri

Please check out "Building the Google of Finance":

"There aren’t a lot of really innovative search technologies for investors. That’s changing — researchers and entrepreneur are looking at unique ways to classify financial product data on mutual funds and ETFs. That means it gets easier for us to identify new investments that make sense for our portfolios. Uri Kartoun, co-founder of Stockato, has some great academic experience in robotics and classification of large data sets and he’s turned his attention to investing. Uri joins us to talk about how his set of cloud tools can help this generation of investors find the investments they’re looking for…and maybe what they didn’t know they were looking for."

http://www.tradestreaming.com/2012/06/04/building-the-google-of-finance-with-uri-kartoun/
  19. lacky14

lacky14 New Member

Newbie!! "alan zavacky"

hello i'm a newbie here ..
    i'm alan zavacky ...
    i want to join this forum co'z i want to improve and widen my knowledge about forum. hope all member here are friendly and helpful ...
    hope to learn more thing here..

respectfully your's,
    alan zavacky :)
  20. lacky14

lacky14 New Member

Re: hi

hello welcome to the community..