Marl vs. Aiki14 - Ultimate Stock Picking Challenge

Discussion in 'Learn how to trade or invest by asking questions' started by MaryKay1965, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaryKay1965

MaryKay1965 Member

This thread is set up to determine if Aiki14 can outperform Marl (The Stock Picking Robot from DoublingStocks) within a 20 day period.

Here's how it goes:

• Marl will submit his pick via MaryKay1965 (before market open)
    • Aiki14 will submit his pick (before market open)
    • At the end of the day, a percentage gain or loss will be determined between the opening price and the closing price of each others stock picks.
    • A running tally will be kept.
    • After 20 days, the running tallies will determine the winner and the loser.

Prize:

If Marl wins, MaryKay1965 receives his choice of any book or video from the gift shop, courtesy of Aiki14.

If Aiki14 wins, MaryKay1965 will leave this forum and never come back.

2. netwrangler

netwrangler Well-Known Member

Why not use the monthly simulation contest for this?
    MaryKay, you can use Marl's picks.
    Aiki, you can use your picks.
    Let's keep a running tally month by month!

Sounds like a realistic contest to me.

3. aiki14

aiki14 Well-Known Member won april/06 simulator won weekly contest 13x won feb/07 simulator won jan/07 simulator won nov/06 simulator won mar/07 simulator

My First Pick is BSRC.

4. AJLightning

AJLightning Member

Nice knowing ya :thefinger:

5. AJLightning

AJLightning Member

WAIT!!!
    BSRC?
    :dontknow:

6. MaryKay1965

MaryKay1965 Member

Thurs. 01-17-08 1:25 A.M.
    Marl's Recommendation: United Panam Financial Corp. (UPFC)

7. aiki14

aiki14 Well-Known Member won april/06 simulator won weekly contest 13x won feb/07 simulator won jan/07 simulator won nov/06 simulator won mar/07 simulator

Net, I just don't have the time for that. This will be fun and manageable.

8. printboy63

printboy63 New Member

Oh, Come On Aiki, you can easily drop Marl like a bad habit... What, did you lose your darts? :wink:

9. aiki14

I was browsing through the forum bookstore and there are some great things there.
    Marykay, I would recommend "Breakthrough strategies for predicting any market" By Jeffrey Greenblatt. It's a comprehensive text, very current, and he's a good source for information a trader can use. The downside for you is it's pretty advanced, and since it isn't written in crayon may be difficult for you, but it's $150 bucks and you could probably get $100 on Ebay if you don't drool on it. :beer:

10. aiki14

UPFC open @ 3.89
    BSRC open @ .79

11. xpiratesxcorex

xpiratesxcorex Member weekly contest winner

Looks like you're going to win round 1 aiki

12. MaryKay1965

MaryKay1965 Member

I agree. I will give credit where credit is due. Very, very nice 1st pick, Aiki14. :D

13. Thierry Martin

Thierry Martin supreme commander won penny contest 2x weekly contest winner simulator winner 5x

I can see the marketing now:

The Only Human that easily beats The Stock Trading Robot!

Guaranteed Profits of over 2,000% Monthly!

Aiki14 the Trading Master Rocks the Trading World

with the new Anti-Marl Investing System!

Why keep your lousy job - all you have to do is follow Aiki14's trades and make a fortune beating trading pros at their own game without ever having to do anything except follow his trades blindly.

30 day money-back guarantee (if you can reach our refund department)

14. NoReverse

NoReverse Member

:mrgreen: SIGN ME UP!!!! :mrgreen:

15. MaryKay1965

MaryKay1965 Member

Sign me up!!! Aiki14, do you need a PR man???

Day 1
    Aiki14: +26.03%
    Marl: +3.96%

16. aiki14

So, I am showing the closes as follows:

UPFC 3.9474 or up 1.48% So $1000 invested would have returned $1014.80 (before commissions)

BSRC .92 or up 16.46% So $1000 invested would have returned $1164.60 (before commissions)

17. aiki14

You're working off the close from yesterday.
    If I wanted a PR man it wouldn't be one named MaryKay, and frankly seeing your name and mine on the same page makes me a little sick.

18. englishman26

englishman26 Active Member won weekly contest 6x

So you have to pick before the open each day, and you get the close, that day?? Or you're just doing this for one day?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  19. aiki14

20 days, pick before open. Open versus close price. Apparently Marl does not provide a new pick every day so the previous days pick is used again. Same for me if I want to use the same pick.

20. MaryKay1965

MaryKay1965 Member

Fri. 01-18-08 12:25 A.M.
    Marl's Recommendation: Alpha Pro Tech Ltd. (APT)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.