All you Motorcycle riders out there...

Discussion in 'Off topic - humor, oddities, videos, politics' started by Survivor, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Survivor

Survivor Member

What are you riding? I started dirt biking when I was about fifteen years old.
    I have a poor boys Gold Wing,a rare 1981 Honda Silver Wing,500 cc, V twin engine,50 horse power,wow,good torque at hi-way speeds,full dress.CD player,it's about the size of a 750-4,my wife loves to ride with me,so we travel when we can on the weekends.I ride to and from work,weather permitting,of course.
    I'd like to get a brand new Gold Wing,a pipe dream at the moment-someday I hope.

2. aiki14

aiki14 Well-Known Member won april/06 simulator won weekly contest 13x won feb/07 simulator won jan/07 simulator won nov/06 simulator won mar/07 simulator

I have a Confederate Hellcat, and an Ultraglide. Sold my Chopper a while back.
    50138DSC_0035.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
  3. XOM

XOM Member

I'm on my second bike in as many months, currently a Shadow Aero, trying to resist the urge to upgrade again and spend money on a HD;)

Nice bikes Jim, wheres your pic Survivor? OP is obligated to show & tell too.

IMG_1351.jpg

4. Survivor

Survivor Member

Sorry,Nice Cycles,Akia, XOM,I'd take any of them. I jhope this showed. They have shaft drive,water cooled.Decent cycles for the money.easy to fix and maintain,that helps. The water pump is a real riot to service but worth it.

Attached Files:

5. aiki14

aiki14 Well-Known Member won april/06 simulator won weekly contest 13x won feb/07 simulator won jan/07 simulator won nov/06 simulator won mar/07 simulator

Sweet looking shadow X, if you're looking to upgrade you might consider the V-Star 1100 from yamaha. I had one a few years back and found it very reliable, and there are many aftermarket upgrades available. Here it is:

red cycle- side.jpg

6. alexio

alexio New Member

Hi there,

I have a ktm 450 exc... have done some incredible colorado trail riding on it that I can describe as the best vacations of my life.

Also have my weekend stress-reliever, my 2006 ducati 749R. I ride it in the north georgia mountains with the atlanta ducati club, it is an absolute blast, super nimble, torquey and smooth with a bonkers high end. Do some track days on it also.

Attached Files:

7. XOM

XOM Member

The V-Star 1100 is definitely on my radar Jim, good to hear it was reliable, how many miles did you put on it? I may end up using a V-Star as a stepping stone to a Fat Boy, I really like that styling on a cruiser, just tough for me to justify 10k + for the Harley, but if the right deal comes along I'll probably figure out a way to talk myself into it, hell I've blown that much on a shitty stock before;)

Nice 'wing Survivor, that thing looks very clean for the year.

8. Survivor

Survivor Member

Awesome machine.

9. Survivor

Survivor Member

That is Sharp,Akai. Allot of riders that have them like them very much.

10. Survivor

Survivor Member

Thanks XOM,I try my best to take care of my things.
    V-Star is a sharp one too. A friend bought a Harley Fat Boy,fuel injected,stage one upgrade and a Fat Cat Stroker exaust,it sounds awesome.
    He let me ride it and the smooth torque and power was excellent.
    I'd like to get driver foot boards. So far I had a 1973 Honda 750-4,and a 1979 Honda 750 limited twin cam 4 cyl,kind of a pain in the ass,4 carbs are too touchy sometimes. I like the V-Twin engine better than the in line fours.
    I like the touring cycles,more utility.